The Azure DevOps add-on in Freehand allows you to make project planning more inclusive and engaging. In order to get updates in your Azure cards in Freehand when you make any changes to the Azure work items, an Admin or Owner of your InVision account will need to set up webhooks in Azure DevOps. This article includes the steps your organization’s Admin or Owner will need to take.
In order to use the Azure DevOps add-on, you first need to allow third-party applications access via OAuth for your Azure organization. Learn how to turn on the setting Third-party applications access via OAuth for your Azure DevOps organization in this article.
To set up webhooks in Azure DevOps to get automatic updates in Freehand:
- Sign in to your InVision V7 account.
- On the left sidebar, click the More menu () and then select Apps.
- Scroll down to locate Azure DevOps and click Configure.
- In the page that opens, you will find the instructions to set up webhooks and the unique Webhook URL and Access Key Header you’ll need to use during the process.
- Open a new tab in your browser and sign in to your Azure DevOps account.
- In your Azure DevOps account, navigate to Project Settings.
- Select Service hooks and click the Create subscription button.
- From the list of services, select Web Hooks and click Next.
- In the Triggers dropdown, select Work item updated and click Next.
You will need to repeat these steps to configure the Work item deleted trigger.
- Copy the Webhook URL on the InVision admin configuration page, and paste it in the URL field.
- Copy the Access Key Header, and paste it in the HTTP headers field.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat steps 6-12, but select Work item deleted in step 9 to configure the delete trigger.