The Tours feature lets you walk your users through your prototype—even when you’re not there to speak for yourself. When you're ready to show your viewers a Tour, just share the prototype like you usually do. They'll be able to reply to your Tour Point directly, just like a regular comment, so conversations stay in context.
Note: If you don't want your Tour to display, just turn off commenting in the sharing setting, which can come in handy if you're running a user test.
What can Tours be used for?
- To walk people through an entire experience, and focus attention on key elements
- To provide design rationale
- To call out specific details for targeted feedback (a great way to say “Help, please” to your copywriter)
- To highlight updates you made based on previous feedback
- To present designs or iterations that aren’t ready for, or don’t need a full prototype
- Quick This or That tests: “Which do you like better? This one or that one?”
View all Tours FAQs here, and watch a helpful Tours walkthrough below: