This article applies specifically to InVision V6 users who are not on an Enterprise plan. If you're using InVision Enterprise, learn how to hand off your account.
Sometimes, it may be necessary to transfer ownership of an account. This article walks through the transfer process and its limitations.
Before you start
An email address can be the owner of only one InVision account (unless you're on an Enterprise plan or using InVision V7). Therefore, it's important that the email address you're transferring ownership to is not already an InVision account owner.
If the intended owner already has an InVision account associated with their email address, they will need to do one of three things:
- Provide you with a different email address
- Change the email address for their existing account
- Delete their existing account
If the new owner has prototypes in their existing account they want to keep, they can always transfer those prototypes to your account before you transfer ownership. That way, all the prototypes are consolidated before they delete their existing account.
Transferring an account
When transferring ownership of a paid account, the account will remain on the same plan and will keep the same billing details. You'll need to manually update billing.
To transfer account ownership, please follow the steps below.
1. Original account owner: update the email address
- Sign in to your InVision account.
- At the top-right corner of the page, click your username.
- In the dropdown, click View Profile.
- Update the Email field and enter your password.
- Click Update Settings.
2. Intended new owner: confirm the email address update
The intended owner will receive an email asking them to confirm their email address. The intended owner must click the link, but they will be required to sign in with the original account owner's email address and password (i.e., your InVision credentials).
After doing so, the email address will be updated, and the new owner can reset the password as needed.