Creating Your Library
For a quick visual walkthrough of getting your library into DSM, check out the DSM Learn Hub.
Importing a Craft library
Rather than rebuilding an existing library, you can import a Craft Library. To import a library:
- In Sketch, click the DSM icon (), or use the shortcut Command + L.
- Select the drop-down menu at the top left.
- Hover over Import and select Craft Library.
- Select your library and click Import. If you have trouble locating your library, we suggest searching your machine for
If you’d like to import your library from Brand.ai, please email [email protected].
Creating a new library
To create a new library:
- Access the DSM web view.
- Click Create a new library. If you've already created a library and you want to make another one, navigate to the top right of the page and click New library.
- Name your library. If you choose, you can also upload a thumbnail image and enter a description.
If you're on DSM Enterprise, you'll notice an option to set the library permissions to Anyone at [your team] can view or People Invited. If you're on DSM Free, you won't see this option.
- Click Create.
You can now continue to build your library with the Craft Manager DSM tool.
It's also possible to duplicate a library. To learn more, check out this article: How do I duplicate a Design System Manager (DSM) library?