- 19 Apr 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Turn on confidentiality warnings for your organization
- Updated on 19 Apr 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Security conscious organizations can use organization-wide confidentiality settings to remind everyone about what data to include in Freehand documents.
Turn on confidentiality settings
You must be an admin in your organization to access confidentiality settings.
- In the lower-left corner, select the team tray > Settings.
- Select Confidentiality settings.
- Turn on the settings as desired.
- Select Update.
You can turn on two different confidentiality settings.
Add a warning message to Freehand documents
This setting allows you to display a warning message when a freehand loads. To continue into the document, the person accessing the document must select I understand to acknowledge the message.
To edit the default message, first turn on the setting. Enter your own custom warning message.
You can enter links, such as to detailed company policies, so long as they start with
https://. The link won't turn blue when entering it, but it will be interactive in Freehand.
Choose when the warning message displays.
- Once per user: the message appears the first time someone opens any freehand, then never appears again.
- Once per document: the message appears the first time someone opens every freehand, then never again for that document.
If you edit the warning message, it reappears on all documents so everyone must re-acknowledge it.
Show confidential disclaimer in Freehand documents
This setting adds a permanent Confidential label to all freehands.
If you've also turned on a warning message, selecting the label opens the warning message.
To edit the default label, first turn on the setting. Enter your own custom label.
The following events are recorded in the audit log:
- Every time the confidentiality settings are turned on and off
- Every time someone acknowledges the warning message