I was doing multi platform design work this week, with the latest devices from Android and iOS like the Google Pixel 5 and the new iPhone 12 Pro.
Only to realize that InVision Studio's team didn't update their design tool long enough, to actually miss 2 years of recent hardware that should've been added in the Artboard Presets.
No big deal, I'll just research the viewport sizes myself and add a custom Artboard frame myself.
Only to realize that the Touch Cursor on the Prototype mode doesn't show up in Custom sized Artboards. It only shows up on Artboard Presets, and It's ridiculous limitation because there's not even a manual toggle for it.
I got a deliverable for this week, only to be ruined by these small limitations.
So let's fix this by an easily shippable update on Studio, that I am pretty sure could be shipped even by next week :
- Give us all recent modern artboard presets of newer, modern devices
- Give us an ability to toggle Touch cursor manually, even on Custom artboards
Here all the recent hardware modern devices Studio forgot to add on it's almost 2 years of absence of updates. Let's all add these artboard presets on the next update :
- iPhone 11 Series (including bigger sizes)
- iPhone 12 Series (including bigger and mini sizes)
- iPhone SE
- Apple Watch Series 5 & 6 Series & sizes
- Google Pixel 3 & 3a Series
- Google Pixel 4 & 4a Series
- Google Pixel 5 & 4a 5G Series
- Samsung Galaxy S9, S10, S20 & S21 Series
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, 10, 20 Series
- Samsung Galaxy Fold & Z Fold Series
- Samsung Watch 3 & 4 Series
We want our ability to use Touch cursor for designing on these newer, bigger devices.
If you can't give us newer artboard presets, so that Studio will recognize it as an appropriate device frame, so that the Touch Cursor will show (such a stupid requirement) at least just let us have an option to manually toggle it.