Sorry, the InVision Help Center does not support Internet Explorer. Please download
Microsoft Edge or another modern browser.
No results found for the query
[[ query ]]
View all results
I'm not sure what's causing this, but every now and again all my hotspots and overlay images go 2x or .5x scale. Any ideas?
Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. Please answer the following so that I can better understand your issue:
1. Are you noticing that this happens when using Craft Sync to make updates to your project? 2. Can you please send a screenshot of this issue? 3. What version of Craft Manager are you using? 4. Can you please provide a screenshot of your "About this Mac" overview? 5. Can you please detail the process step-by-step that you move through when encountering this issue?
Look forward to hearing from you,
I had the same issue recently working on a desktop prototype when importing screens with Craft sync.
All artboards in Sketch were initially exported and uploaded to InVision via web.
I then transferred ownership of the InVision project from a personal to an enterprise account and proceeded to use Craft Sync to update a couple of the screens.
After updating only a single image with Craft Sync the scale of all hotspots throughout my project was decreased by 1X scale
I attempted to salvage my hotspot work by manually exporting and re-uploading all screens to my InVision project via web but to no avail, all hotspots remained persistent with the lower scale and mis-alignment, I was forced to resize and align all hotspots.
This is certainly strange and I'm terribly sorry to hear this happened to you.
To get a better idea why this is happening, could you provide the following information:
Once we have these details, we will be better suited to dive deeper into this investigation.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out, I'm here to help any way I can.
All the best,
Same here. I'm using Craft V1.091 (169). The overlays keep resizing And when is use Link to x page but keep on target screen, it does not work
I'm sorry that you're also running into this issue! Just so we can dig deeper into this, can you please provide a few additional details:
1. Are you syncing your screens using multiple densities (@1x and @2x)? 2. Can you please send a screen recording demonstrating your workflow and exactly what happens? 3. What version of Sketch are you using? 4. Can you please provide a screenshot of your "About this Mac" overview?
Look forward to hearing back!
The root cause is absolutely related to the inconsistent pixel densities in Sketch and InVision.
Steps to re-create the bug:
1. Create two desktop artboards in Sketch2. Select artboards, and "make exportable" (1x by default)3. "Export Selected" artboards manually to a folder4. Create new desktop prototype in InVision5. Drag+Drop artboards from folder (1x)6. Create hotspots using Build Mode in InVision
7. Go back in Sketch and sync artboards with Craft Sync (2x by default)8. Hotspots are now 50% scale and hotspots have changed position based on 2x scale
9. Now repeat steps 3 and 5 (export artboards to folder manually and drag/drop into InVision project)
- The pixel density appears to be stuck at 2x and no way to get back to 1x scale. Attempted manually exporting/replacing images and re-uploading with craft sync at 1x, hotspots persist at 2x scale.
- Perhaps this could be fixed if there was a check for pixel density or match current scale each time a new image is manually uploaded to InVision, or maybe this was by design (seems like a bug)?
Confusing that Sketch defaults all artboards to 1x but Craft Sync defaults to 2x pixel density, perhaps making this more visible in Craft would help alleviate the issue (currently hidden in the "preferences" dropdown).
"Preferences" dropdown menu is not expanded (pixel density hidden by default when selecting an existing InVision project):
Expanding "Preferences" dropdown menu reveals "pixel density".
Sketch Version 58, Craft Sync 1.0.91
Thanks so much for the clarification! At this time, this would be expected behavior as changing the exported pixel density would also change the location/size of your hotspots you've created. Our team is tracking a feature request to automatically scale and reposition hotspots in these cases, so I'd be happy to create a ticket on your behalf to pass along your vote for this functionality.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! To help avoid this, we recommend keeping your exported pixel density consistent for the needs of your Projects.
NOTE: If anybody else would like to add their feedback about this potential feature, please fill out a ticket with Support here detailing the feature you are looking for.
Important to note that once the scale is synced at 2x there is no way to get back to 1x, this requires re-mapping all hotspots if you accidentally get out of sync.
Hotspots will remain positioned and sized relative to the original screen size where they were drawn. They will not automatically resize & reposition if the screen size changes. That being said, changing the exported pixel density should adjust your screen size no matter if you are changing from 1x to 2x or vice versa. If this doesn't seem to be working for you, please check your email for the ticket we created on your behalf, and we'd be happy to troubleshoot further.
This happens to me without any change on pixel density.
1. Upload a board
2. Add hotspots in Invision
3. Change something on the screen and re-upload (no density changes!)
4. Hotspots are all over the place, in some cases bigger in other smaller
This is really annoying me
Sorry to hear that you're also running into this issue, Teresa. So that we can take a close look this, can you please provide a few additional details?:
to comment, sign up or sign in.