InVision Specs + DSM
The latest document type in InVision V7, Specs are tailored for one job only—design to development collaboration.
By syncing artboards as a spec, rather than a prototype, designers can streamline collaboration efforts and send only the screen designs that are ready for development. Each design spec delivers exactly what’s relevant to developers and provides the context they require from designers, all in a document focused solely on the details the developer needs to take the spec from design to reality.
When do I use a spec?
Once the designer has published a spec via Craft Sync and completed prepping it in InVision, the developer and other collaborators can use the spec to do the following:
- Review the project overview
- Work alongside colleagues in the spec at the same time—without overwriting one another's work
- Give and receive feedback via comment threads or without leaving the canvas
- Inspect screens
- Connect the spec document to a specific Jira ticket
DSM in a spec
Just like in InVision Inspect, you can view and access DSM data directly from a spec by selecting an element on the screen and viewing it in the DSM panel.
Here’s how to help your design team help you. To get a Spec document from your design team:
- Designers should download and install Craft by InVision for Sketch.
- Designers then use Craft Sync to upload select or all designs to a spec.