Setting up DSM
For the full experience with DSM, you'll need two things to get started:
- Access to an InVision account for the DSM web experience
- Access to DSM through the Craft plugin for Sketch
Are you working with a team? DSM is part of the Craft by InVision suite of plugins for Sketch. In order for team members to access your design systems within Sketch, each person will need to download and install Craft.
Craft by InVision
Step 1: Setting up DSM on the web
The DSM web experience is where you can view all your design systems, manage your DSM organization, and invite others to collaborate.
Before using DSM, you’ll need to create a DSM organization through your InVision account.For DSM Enterprise plans, in InVision V6, only Enterprise admins can create a DSM organization. If you're using InVision V7, the owner, admins, and managers can create a DSM organization. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now by heading over to InVision Support.
To set up access to your DSM organization on the web:
- Sign in to your InVision account.
- Access Design Systems in the sidebar menu.
- Enter an organization name (you can change this later).
- Click Get started.
You have now created your DSM organization and are ready to create your first DSM design s
Step 2: Setting up DSM in Sketch
The DSM Sketch integration is what allows you to connect your Sketch files to DSM.
To set up the DSM Sketch integration:
If you skip toggling on the DSM side panel in Sketch, DSM won’t be accessible
- Download and install the Craft plugin for Sketch.
- Open Sketch and sign in to your InVision account through Craft.
- In the Sketch menu, click Plugins > Design System Manager > Toggle Side Panel.
- The DSM Sketch plugin panel will appear directly above the left-hand layers list in Sketch. To begin using the integration, click the DSM icon.