Note: This article provides answers for InVision V7. To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard.
Use Pages to synthesize information and document your work directly into Freehand. With Pages, you can structure information into a familiar document format in your freehand canvas, and the multiplayer editing empowers faster collaboration with your team.
You can use pages to take notes during meetings, create product briefs and marketing plans, or add product documentation, among other things, and share all this information with your stakeholders.
Add pages to Freehand
To add a page to Freehand:
- Sign in to InVision and open your freehand.
- On the bottom toolbar, click the Board icon () and select Page ().
- Click the place in the freehand canvas where you want to place the page.
A page will appear in the freehand canvas. You and all collaborators with edit permissions in the freehand can start adding content to the new page.
Pages can’t be resized at this time.
Add formatting to text in pages
All collaborators and visitors with edit permissions in the freehand can add and edit content in pages at the same time.
There are different ways to add formatting to text in your pages:
- Highlight the text you want to edit to open a menu that allows you to format the text and insert hyperlinks.
- Click in a new line of your page and type the slash key (
/) to open the menu that includes the different formatting options available.
- Use Markdown to format the content in your pages.
When copying and pasting formatted text into a page, the text will maintain the formatting.
Revert to a previous version of a page
You can revert unintended changes in your pages (including deleted content) using the version history feature in Freehand. See how to revert to a previous version of your Freehand documents here: Version history in Freehand.
You can share pages with your team members and people outside your team (this is especially useful when sharing information with stakeholders who don’t have access to your InVision team).
When sharing a page with external users, they will see all the content on the shared page but won’t be able to edit it. Note that when sharing a page, external users will have access to the entire freehand and the content within.
Members of your team will be able to edit the shared page if they’re signed in to the InVision account and have edit permissions in the freehand.
To share a page with your team members and people outside your team:
- Open your freehand and select the page you want to share. The contextual menu will appear at the top of the selected page.
- Click the More icon (•••) in the contextual menu and select Copy link.
- Use that link to share the page.