As an admin of your DSM library, there are three ways you can start using the new DSM:
- Automatically import your existing libraries in the legacy DSM. This approach is recommended if you want to keep the existing structure of your design system.
- Export components from legacy DSM and use them to manually rebuild in new DSM.
- Start from a blank slate. This is helpful if you want to completely restructure your design system going forward.
Need help deciding? Here are some helpful tips:
Consider Automatically importing your existing libraries in the legacy DSM if:
- You're actively using DSM
- You have inflight projects
- You need to keep the library to support legacy projects
- You have teams referencing the content (ie. brand colours, typography etc)
Export components from legacy DSM and use them to manually rebuild in new DSM if:
- Your components are still relevant but your documentation is out of date and you need to re-write it
- You're thinking of restructuring or merging legacy libraries
- You're not in a rush to move your library now
Start from a blank slate if
- You have libraries that are out of date/unused and no longer needed
- You have old projects that no longer require your Legacy libraries
- You need to rebuild all your components & Design System