This article provides answers for InVision V7
To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard.
With cards and boards, you can structure and organize your project in Freehand. Use cards to capture ideas, tasks, goals, etc. And then, use boards to organize your cards in columns—by assignee or project card status, for example. Cards and boards are customizable, so you can adapt them to different projects and workflows.
How to create cards
To create a card:
- Select a sticky note in your freehand. You can select multiple sticky notes to create different cards.
- In the contextual menu that appears above the note, click Sticky Note > Card .
The sticky note will appear now as a card.
You can also create new cards directly in a board by clicking the + icon in a column.
How to edit a card
Cards are customizable so you can use them flexibly for tasks, projects, issues, goals, and more.
To edit a card:
- Hover over the card you want to update.
- Click Expand .
- Edit the color, title, and add a description.
- Once you finish editing your card, click to close. Any changes you made will save automatically.
You can edit the title of a card by double-clicking in the card you wish to edit on the freehand canvas.
How to create and edit boards
To create a board in Freehand, select the board icon in the toolbar (or type
B) and click the canvas where you want to place it.
Select the board to see a contextual menu. From the menu, you can:
- Add a new column.
- Lock the board on the canvas to prevent other collaborators from moving or editing it.
- Click the More menu icon (•••) to copy a link to the board, copy or duplicate the board, and delete it.
Board columns include a ••• More menu. From this menu, you can:
- add section titles to columns
- rename columns
- move columns to adapt the board to your project
- add and remove columns
You can also add new columns by clicking + at the top right corner of the board.
It's not possible to resize cards and boards.
How to use boards to organize your cards
Once you’ve created cards to structure your project and ideas, you can select and drag them into different columns of a board. You can use different columns to organize tasks or projects by team, assignee or status, and more.
Reorganize your cards at any time by dragging them into different columns.
You can also use boards to organize Jira cards. To learn more about the Jira add-on and Jira cards, read Project planning in Freehand with the Jira add-on.