This article provides answers for InVision V7
To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard.
With cards and boards, you can structure and organize your project in Freehand. Use cards to capture ideas, tasks, goals, etc. And then, use boards to organize your cards in columns —by assignee or project card status, for example. Cards and boards are customizable, so you can adapt them to different projects and workflows.
How to create cards
To create a card:
- Select a sticky note in your freehand. You can also select multiple sticky notes to create different cards.
- In the contextual menu that appears above the note, click the sticky note icon and then select Card
- The sticky note will appear now as a card.
If the sticky note has text, that text will become the title of the card.
Alternatively, you can create new cards directly in a board by clicking the + icon in a column.
How to edit a card
Cards are customizable so you can use them flexibly for tasks, projects, issues, goals, and more.
To edit a card:
- Hover over the card you want to update.
- Click the expand icon at the top right corner.
- Edit the color, title, and add a description.
- Once you finish editing your card, you can close it by clicking the icon. Any changes you made will be saved automatically.
You can also quickly edit the title of a card by double-clicking in the card you wish to edit on the freehand canvas.
How to create and edit boards
To create a board in Freehand, select the board icon in the toolbar (or type
B on your keyboard) and click the place in the canvas where you want to place it.
In the contextual menu that appears above the board when selecting it, you will find the option to:
- Add a new column.
- Lock the board on the canvas to prevent other collaborators from moving or editing it.
- Click the More menu icon (•••) to copy a link to the board, copy or duplicate the board, and delete it.
Board columns include a ••• More menu that allows you to add section titles to the columns, rename them, move them to adapt the board to your project, and add and remove columns.
You can also add new columns by clicking the + button at the top right corner of the board.
Currently, it's not possible to resize cards and boards.
How to use boards to organize your cards
Once you’ve created cards to structure your project and ideas, you can select them and drag the cards into different columns of a board to organize them. You can use different columns to organize tasks or projects by team, assignee or status, and more.
You can also move cards between board columns to reorganize them by clicking on the cards you want to move and dragging them into a different column.
You can also use boards to organize Jira cards. Learn more about the Jira add-on and Jira cards here: Project planning in Freehand with the Jira add-on.