This article applies to InVision V6 customers who are in the process of updating to InVision V7.
If you still have prototypes in your InVision V6 account that you’d like to keep working on after updating to InVision V7, you can copy them to one of your V7 teams.
Before you start
- It is not possible to copy prototypes in bulk. If you have multiple prototypes you’d like to copy to V7, you will need to repeat the steps below for each prototype.
- Copying a prototype from V6 to V7 only carries over the prototype screens, as well as any existing hotspots and sections. The original comments, Inspect data, screen history, share links, and collaborators will not be available in the V7 copy.
Getting a share link to your V6 prototype
To learn how to get the share link for one of your V6 prototypes, please check out this article: Sharing prototypes, boards, and freehands.
Please note that the share link settings you have enabled will have an impact when copying the screens:
- If you want to copy all prototype screens, we recommend enabling the option Allow access to all screens. If this option is turned off, only the screens that are accessible with hotspots from the landing screen will be copied.
- If your prototype is password-protected, you’ll be prompted to enter the password before importing.
Copying a prototype to a V7 team
To copy a prototype to a V7 team:
- Sign in to your V7 team in
your-team-domain.invisionapp.com and open the Documents page.
- From the dropdown menu, select Import Prototype.
- In the Link field, paste the share link for the V6 prototype. If your prototype is password-protected, enter the password for the prototype.
- Click Add.
- You will see a preview of your prototype screens. Confirm if you would like to copy the existing hotspots as well (the option to Import hotspots is checked by default).
- Once you’re ready, click Start import.
- Once the import process is finished, click View prototype or Import another prototype.
To learn how to interact with your prototype in V7, see Intro to building documents in InVision V7.