This article provides answers for InVision V7. To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard.
Use the Adobe XD add-on to curate and contextualize designs in Freehand so collaborators can easily give feedback. You will need to have view access to the Adobe XD artboard to import it into Freehand.
Importing an artboard
To import an artboard in Freehand:
- In Adobe XD, open the file you want to import into Freehand. Click the Share tab and copy the share link.
- Log into InVision and open your freehand.
- On the right sidebar, click the Add-ons icon and select Adobe XD. If it's your first time using this add-on, you will be prompted to authorize the plugin to connect to your Adobe XD account.
- In the modal, paste the share link and click and Browse artboards.
If you’re using a private share link, a modal will appear with the following options:
- Authorize with Adobe Cloud - clicking this will take you to another screen to sign into your Adobe XD account and authorize InVision to access the private link.
- Use public links only - clicking this will bring you back to the previous screen, where you will have to paste a public link from step 1.
- Select the artboards you want to import and click Import artboards.
Artboards will be added to the canvas in the order they appear in the modal, regardless of the order in which you select them. Due to an existing limitation by the Adobe API, images are exported to InVision at x0.5 quality only.
You can group your designs so they are easy to move around your freehand.
To group designs in Freehand:
- Select the designs you want to group together.
- Optionally, click and drag the Arrange to grid icon to arrange the designs in a grid.
- Click the Group icon .
- Drag the group to the desired location on the canvas.
Collaborating on a design in Freehand
You can collaborate with your team by adding emoji and comments to the design in Freehand. Use the toolbar to select the emoji or comment icon and click on the design where you want to leave your mark. Learn more about commenting here: Commenting in Freehand.
Updating an imported artboard
Updating an imported artboard will overwrite the original artboard. If you want to keep a historical version of the artboard before you update it, you can duplicate it by selecting it and using the
Cmd + D keyboard shortcut. The latest version of that duplicated design will keep it synced with the original artboard.
If you make changes to an artboard in Adobe XD and you want the changes to appear in Freehand, you need to paste the share link again in the Adobe XD add-on modal.
To update an existing artboard in Freehand:
- In Adobe XD, open the file you previously imported in Freehand. Click the Share tab, click Update Link, and then copy the share link.
- Log into InVision and open your freehand. On the right sidebar, click the Add-ons icon and select Adobe XD.
- In the modal, paste the updated share link and click Browse artboards.
- Select the artboard(s) you want to update and click Import artboards.
Copy, delete, or duplicate a design
Select a design in your freehand and click the More icon to do any of the following:
- Copy link: copy a link to the design in Freehand
Cmd + C: copy the design
Delete: delete the design from Freehand. The artboard will not be deleted from Adobe XD.
If you accidentally deleted a design, use the keyboard shortcut
Cmd + Zto restore the deleted item, or revert to a previous version of the document using version history.
Cmd + D: duplicate the design.
Learn more about embedding your content in Freehand here: Embedding content in Freehand.