Add files and links from your favorite apps—including Adobe XD, Figma, Google Drive, and Asana—to InVision to keep all space-related content in one place.
Currently, it’s not possible to add links to files on private networks behind a firewall (e.g., intranets).
Adding a file or shortcut to InVision
Adding an Adobe XD, Figma, or Google file
You can add Adobe XD, Figma, and Google files to InVision so your team has access to all the files they need to do their best work.
Permission settings set on the file or link will affect the way others can interact with the document in InVision. For example, if someone tries to open a file in InVision but hasn't been given permission in Figma or Google to view the file, they’ll need to request access.
To add a file to InVision:
- Open the file you want to add to InVision.
- Set the file or link’s permission settings, then copy the share link.
- In InVision, on the All Documents page in or within a group or space, click Add in the upper-right corner and select the type of file you want to add.
- In the modal that appears, paste the URL and click Add. If it’s your first time adding a file, follow the instructions to authorize your account.
Adding a shortcut to any app
You can add a shortcut to any app directly in InVision so all your documents are in one place.
To add a shortcut to an app:
- Copy the link from the app you want to add to InVision.
- In InVision, on the All Documents page or within a group or space, click the Add button and select Add shortcut to any file.
- Paste in the link and click the Next, add a name button.
- Enter a shortcut name and click the Add shortcut button.
A shortcut to the app will be added to InVision. Click the shortcut in InVision to open the link in a new browser tab.
Adding a file or shortcut to a group or space
To add a file or shortcut from your home page to a group or space, see Adding or moving InVision V7 documents to a group.
Searching for an external file or shortcut
You can search for a file or shortcut from the home page or within a group or space.
To search for a file or shortcut:
- Navigate to the home page, or navigate to the group or space if you know where the file is located.
- Do one of the following:
- In the search bar at the top of the page, enter the name of the file and select the file from the preview dropdown.
- Click the All documents dropdown and select the type of file you’re looking for.
Once you’ve located the file, you can click to open the file in a new tab, or drag and drop the file into a group or space.
Removing a file or shortcut from InVision
If you choose to remove a file or shortcut, you cannot restore it—nor can InVision restore it on your behalf. Please proceed with caution.
You can remove a file or shortcut from InVision. It will still be available on its native platform. If you want to re-add the removed item, follow the steps in Adding a file or shortcut to InVision.
To remove a file or shortcut:
- Locate the file you want to delete.
- Click the More icon and select Remove.
- In the modal that opens, confirm you want to remove the file from InVision and click Yes, Remove to delete the file from InVision.