Add documents and shortcuts to your favorite apps—including Adobe XD, Figma, Google Drive, and Asana—to InVision to keep all the information you and your team needs in one place.
Currently, it’s not possible to add shortcuts to documents on private networks behind a firewall (e.g., intranets).
Add a document or shortcut to InVision
You can add various types of documents or shorcuts to InVision to create a centralized hub for all the information you and your team need.
Permission settings on the document or link will affect the way others can interact with the document in InVision. For example, if someone tries to open a document in InVision but hasn't been given permission in Figma or Google to view the document, they’ll need to request access.
Add an Adobe XD, Figma, or Google document
Adobe XD, Figma, and Google documents are automatically recognized by InVision when adding them.
- Open the document you want to add to InVision.
- Set the document or link’s permission settings, then copy the share link.
- In InVision, on the All Documents page, click Create > Add shortcut to any file. A modal appears.
- Paste the share link and click Add. If it’s your first time adding a document, follow the instructions to authorize your account.
The document appears on the All Documents screen.
Add a shortcut to InVision
You can add a shortcut to any document or app directly in InVision.
To add a shortcut:
- Copy the link from the document or app you want to add to InVision.
- In InVision, on the All Documents page, click Create > Add shortcut to any file.
- Paste the link and click Next, add a name.
- Enter a shortcut name and click Add shortcut.
A shortcut to the app will be added to InVision. Click the shortcut in InVision to open the link in a new browser tab.
Add a document or shortcut to a group or space
To add a document or shortcut from your home page to a group or space, read Adding or moving InVision V7 documents to a group.
Search for an external document or shortcut
You can search for a document or shortcut from the home page or within a group or space.
To search for a document or shortcut:
- Navigate to the home page, or navigate to the group or space if you know where the document is located.
- Do one of the following:
- In the search bar at the top of the page, enter the name of the document and select the document from the preview dropdown.
- Use the All documents, Created by, and Active last filters to find the document you’re looking for.
Once you’ve located the document, click to open the document in a new tab, or drag and drop the document into a group or space.
Remove a document or shortcut from InVision
If you choose to remove a document or shortcut, you cannot restore it—nor can InVision restore it on your behalf. Please proceed with caution.
You can remove a document or shortcut from InVision. It will still be available on its native platform. If you want to re-add the removed item, follow the steps in Adding a document or shortcut to InVision.
To remove a document or shortcut:
- Locate the document you want to delete.
- Click More > Remove.
- In the modal that opens, confirm you want to remove the document from InVision and click Yes, Remove to delete the document from InVision.