In Freehand, you have the option to start a presentation or gather others to follow your screen for quick collaboration.
Before you start
Here are some things to note before you start presenting:
- Presenting a freehand allows others to see it from your perspective. If you are presenting, anyone currently viewing the freehand will follow the actions you take.
- Once you start a presentation and navigate through your freehand, everyone’s screen will automatically move with yours.
- If you enter a freehand while someone else is presenting, you will automatically follow the presenter’s screen.
- Outside of a presentation, you can independently follow a specific collaborator's actions by navigating to the top-right corner of the page and clicking their avatar. To stop following a collaborator, click their avatar again.
- You can click Present to take over as presenter at any time.
- Presenters and followers can continue to make edits to the freehand while in Present mode.
Starting a presentation
To start a presentation in Freehand:
- Open the Freehand you want to present.
- Optionally, select the frame you want to use for the start of the presentation. If you don’t select a frame, the presentation will begin with the farthest-left frame on your screen.
To learn how to create a frame, see this article: Frames and Walkthroughs in Freehand.
- In the upper-right corner, click Present and select one of the following options:
- Walk through frames: Start a presentation and guide users through a focused view of your frames.
- Follow my canvas view: Lead others around your view of the canvas for quick collaboration.
- Use your keyboard arrow keys to navigate through the frames.
- When you’re finished presenting, click End Presentation in the upper-left corner or use the keyboard shortcut
Following a presentation
When a person starts presenting a freehand, your screen will automatically follow their view. Here are some actions you can perform while a person is presenting a freehand:
Catch up to a presenter: If you navigate through the freehand on your screen and want to return to the presenter's view, click View in the Catch-up to presenter popup on the right side of the freehand.
Stop following a presentation: Click Leave Presentation in the upper-right corner or use the keyboard shortcut
Rejoin a presentation: On the right sidebar, click Join to follow the presenter.