With InVision V7, Enterprise organizations can work with their Customer Success Manager to enable multiseat billing, which gives the Enterprise granular control over individuals' document-creation privileges at different price points.
Creator & Collaborator seats compared
Currently, there are two seat types available for multiseat Enterprise billing:
- Can create spaces and all document types—prototypes, specs, freehands, and boards
- Can create design systems (via DSM – separate license required)
- Perfect for designers and other power users
- Can edit and inspect prototypes and specs
- Can create spaces, freehands, specs, and design systems (via DSM – separate license required)
- Cannot create prototypes or boards
- Perfect for most developers, writers, product managers, and other content consumers
If your V7 Enterprise enables multiseat billing, anyone on who is already on your team but hasn't been assigned a seat type will automatically be assigned a creator seat by default. Once enabled, as new people join the Enterprise, they will be assigned a collaborator seat by default.
Enterprise user roles and their respective permissions are managed independently of the creator and collaborator seat types and their permissions. Therefore, an Enterprise with multiseat billing enabled can fine-tune the creation privileges of any owner, admin, manager, member, or guest of the Enterprise by assigning the individual either a creator or collaborator seat.
Remember, Design System Manager (DSM) plans are managed separately from InVision V7 plans; therefore, assigning seat types for your V7 Enterprise will not affect your DSM plan. Not leveraging DSM for your Enterprise yet? Get familiar with DSM now.
Permissions per seat type
The following table should help you get more familiar with the permissions and limitations Enterprise creators and collaborators have on InVision V7:
|Create prototypes and specs with Craft Sync||Yes||No|
|Create public share links||Yes||Yes|
|Create DSM libraries||Yes||Yes|
Access, Editing, Exporting, and Discussion permissions
|View all document types||Yes||Yes|
|Edit all document types||Yes||Yes|
|Edit DSM libraries (requires DSM license)||Yes||Yes|
|Inspect prototypes and specs||Yes||Yes|
|Export prototypes and/or screens||Yes||Yes|
|Comment on all document types||Yes||Yes|
|Invite Enterprise members to documents and spaces||Yes||Customizable*|
|Invite new users via the People page||Customizable*||Customizable*|
|Assign seats via the People page||Customizable*||Customizable*|
|Invite new users via the Share modal||Customizable*||Customizable*|
|Assign seats via the Share modal||No||No|
*Certain creation and invitation permissions depend on the individual's user role as well as your Enterprise's team sharing settings. For example, due to a global restriction for the role, Enterprise guests cannot invite new users or create spaces (regardless of their seat type).
To set the seat type while inviting new users to your multiseat Enterprise via the People page:
- Sign in to your account here:
- On the left, click People.
- At the top right, click the Add button.
- Select Team members, External guests, or User group.
- Enter the invitees' email addresses, separated by commas.
- Click the Seat type dropdown and select Creator or Collaborator.
The seat type will be assigned to all invitees you entered in step 5.
- Click Invite.
It's not currently possible to assign the seat type when inviting new users to an Enterprise via the document share modal; therefore, any document invitee who doesn't yet belong to the Enterprise will be added to the organization with their role set to Guest and their seat type set to Collaborator by default.
To change the seat type of someone who already belongs (or has been invited) to your multiseat Enterprise:
- Sign in to your InVision Enterprise here:
- On the left, click People.
- Just below the People heading, click the appropriate tab: Members, Guests, Invitations, or User groups
- In the Seat type column to the right of the user's name, click their currently assigned seat type: Creator or Collaborator
- In the Change seat type modal, select either Creator or Collaborator, and then click Change seat type.