This article applies specifically to customers on an InVision V7 Enterprise plan. Not sure which version you’re using? Find out now.
If you’re on an InVision V7 Enterprise plan, you can assign users the guest role. This role is helpful for sharing and collaborating with people who are typically outside of your organization (like contractors or clients) as well as internal stakeholders who don't require full access to your account. Users who join your account through document sharing are also added to your account as guests by default.
What Enterprise guests can do
Guests can do the following within your Enterprise:
- View documents they've been added to—including prototypes, boards, and freehands
- View spaces they've been added to
- Archive or delete documents they can edit
- Create new documents
- By default, only members of your team can open documents that guests have created, because the Anyone with the link setting is disabled (by default) within document Share dialog for guests.
- To give guests the option to edit the Anyone with the link share setting in each document they create, an owner or admin of the team must update the default team sharing settings.
- While guests can obviously edit the documents they create, guests cannot edit documents that other people on the team have created—unless the creator shares the document with a specific guest and grants Can edit access via the document Share dialog.
Guests cannot access spaces or documents they have not been invited to join, nor can guests invite new users to join the team. You can have multiple guests for your team.