This article applies specifically to InVision Enterprise users. If you’re not on an Enterprise plan, this article does not apply.
While the Assets tab that was available with InVision V6 prototypes does not exist in V7, there are ways to continue distributing assets in the new version.
Depending on whether you’ve already updated to V7 or not, there are also different methods for exporting your existing V6 assets for your records.
Export your assets using the Download button in V6
If you’re still on V6, you can use the Assets tab to export any assets you’d like to keep.
To export your assets:
- Open your prototype and, near the top of the page, click the Assets tab.
- If necessary, use the search function to find a specific asset.
Note that at this time, you can only search within the current folder. If the item is in a subfolder or a different folder, it won't appear in the search results.
- Once you've found the relevant asset, hover over it and click the Download icon .
Export your assets using a direct archive link
Only users with an owner, admin, or manager role in V6 can access the archive link.
Alternatively, you can also download your assets via a direct archive link. This is the option you'll need to use if you've already updated to InVision V7.
To do so, navigate to this URL:
If you changed your subdomain after updating to V7, be sure to use the original subdomain you had in V6.
On that page, assets will be organized by prototype. Click a specific prototype to view and download any available individual assets.
Known limitations for exporting V6 assets
If you use the assets archive link to download assets, there are some limitations to be aware of:
- Only users who had an owner, admin, or manager role in V6 can access the archive link.
- The assets are read-only, representing the state of the V6 account before being updated to V7. No assets can be added, removed, or edited.
- There is no ability to organize assets by folder. All of a prototype’s assets are displayed in a single folder.
- There is no version history. Users can download the latest version only.
- The archive link does not support InVision Sync.
- Asset share links are not supported.
Share assets in V7
While the Assets tab isn't a part of InVision V7, there are still different ways you can share assets with your team:
- Inspect: You can still view and download individual or multiple assets via Inspect. To do so, you will need to mark your layers in Sketch for export before syncing.
- Sketch file backup: If you were using the Assets tab to share the source Sketch files with your team, you can enable the Sketch file backup option when syncing with Craft.
- Share links to files and shared folders: You can include links to shared folders and files from your favorite apps—including Adobe XD, Figma, Google Drive, and Asana— to keep all project-related content in one place. Learn more about adding files and shortcuts to InVision.
- Share links to shared folders in Freehand: If you're using Freehand to collaborate with your team, you can also add hyperlinks in text boxes, stickies or cards to shared folders with the needed assets. Learn more about Freehand