With InVision V6 prototypes, it’s possible to save and organize assets via the Assets tab. This feature does not exist in V7. Depending on whether or not you’ve already updated to V7, there are different methods for exporting your V6 assets for your records. Continue to the section that is most relevant to your situation.
Exporting assets in V6
If you’re still on V6, you can use the Assets tab to export any assets you’d like to keep.
- Open your prototype and, near the top of the page, click the Assets tab.
- If necessary, use the search function to find a specific asset.
At this time, you can only search within the current folder. If the item is in a subfolder or a different folder, it won't appear in the search results.
- Once you've found the relevant asset, hover over it and click the download icon .
Exporting assets after updating to V7
If you’ve already updated to InVision V7, you can download your assets via a direct archive link. To do so, navigate to this url:
On that page, assets will be organized by prototype. Click a specific prototype to view and download any available assets.
If you use the assets archive link to download assets, there are some limitations to be aware of:
- Only users who were an owner, admin, or manager in V6 can access the archive link.
- The assets are read-only, representing the state of the V6 account before being updated to V7. No assets can be added, removed, or edited.
- There is no ability to organize assets by folder. All of a prototype’s assets are displayed in a single folder.
- There is no version history. Users can download the latest version only.
- The archive link does not support InVision Sync.
- Asset share links are not supported.