Your InVision experience is improving as we work to squash bugs and release new features. Here’s an account of the improvements you’ll find in the latest releases.
What’s new in Craft?
There were two new Craft releases during May.
May 26 release
Step right in!
You may have noticed that the Craft sign-in flow has been redesigned. Here's what's new:
- Opens browser: The authorization flow now uses your browser to connect.
- Quick and steady: The sign-in process is quicker and more stable after the redesign.
- Additional SSO providers: Craft now supports additional identity providers (IdP) for single-sign on (SSO).
- Password management & autofill: If you use a password manager or have autofill enabled in your browser settings, you can now use either option when signing in to Craft.
For the new sign-in instructions, check out the Craft Manager article in our Craft Getting Started Guide.
To ensure a smooth release, we're rolling out the Craft sign-in flow changes incrementally over the coming month. If you don't see the changes quite yet, you'll see 'em soon!
May 20 release
This release is all about increased support:
May 26 release
We cleaned up a minor issue with this release:
- False alarm: If you're already on the latest version of Craft Manager, you should no longer get an errant notification to update.
Craft tools for Sketch
Here are the latest Craft tool versions for Sketch—at the time of publication:
- Craft Manager: 1.0.96
Remember, Craft Manager is a separate tool that you use to manage the Craft plugin suite; therefore, the version number is different than what you see when clicking Manage plugins in the Sketch Plugins menu.
- Sync + Prototype: 2.3.155
- New Design System Manager: 0.6.10
- Legacy Design System Manager: 1.1.36
- Freehand: 1.0.38
- Stock: 1.0.45
- Duplicate: 1.0.22
- Data: 1.0.39
Craft tools for Photoshop
Here are the latest Craft tool versions for Photoshop—at the time of publication:
- Craft Manager: 1.0.96
- Sync: 2.0.88 (If using Windows, please see the section below.)
- Freehand: 1.0.34
- Stock: 1.0.15
- Duplicate: 1.0.5
- Data: 1.0.12
Craft sync for Windows
The latest version of Craft Sync for Windows is 2.0.71—at the time of publication.
See all our Craft updates and fixes: Release Notes: Craft
Design System Manager (DSM)
What’s new or improved in DSM?
Say hello to the new InVision DSM, built for collaborative teams. Now available in Early Access!
From build and beyond, it takes a team of collaborators to make a design system succeed. That’s why we've redesigned InVision DSM with an even deeper appreciation of design system makers and users.
Here's what to expect from the new DSM:
- Sharing and versioning: Use the new DSM plugin to distribute and version your Sketch Libraries as part of a comprehensive design system.
- Rich documentation: Tie all aspects of your design system together with DSM's revamped, rich documentation site that lets you centralize and showcase the system.
You'll also notice a number of improvements to DSM, including these:
- Familiar ground: When working in Inspect mode, links to DSM documentation now open the same design system version used in the prototype.
- Custom font support: Now when you publish Storybook entries that include custom fonts, those fonts will appear in DSM as expected.
Learn more about the new DSM now.
Here are the latest DSM tool versions—at the time of publication:
- Legacy Design System Manager: version 1.1.32
- New Design System Manager: version 0.6.4
See all our DSM updates and fixes: Release Notes: DSM
What's new in Freehand?
In answer to one of our most popular feature requests, Sticky Notes are here—as of May 12:
- Easy to use: Simply click the Sticky Notes tool icon () and then drop a note anywhere on your freehand. To move a previously placed sticky note, select and drag it.
- Friendly formatting: With a sticky note selected, click any of the formatting options that appear just below the URL bar:
- Switch to text box: Click the Sticky Notes dropdown () to convert the sticky note to a regular text box.
- Color dropdown: Change the given sticky note's color.
- Note width: Select a previously placed sticky note and drag the selection box (on either side) left or right to adjust its width.
- Texting 101: Your text formatting options include bold, italic, and highlighted font as well as left, center, and right alignment.
See all our Freehand updates and fixes: Release Notes: Freehand
What's fixed or improved in InVision Cloud?
Here is the list of fixes and improvements made in InVision Cloud V6 during May:
What's improved or fixed?
These platform updates were made during May:
- Platform stability and security: To maintain and continually improve the stability and security of InVision Cloud, we implemented additional security measures.
InVision Cloud V7
The following release notes apply to InVision Cloud V7 only; these do not apply to Cloud V6.
What's new in Cloud V7?
Now you can provide crucial context for your collaborators:
- Prototype descriptions: So you can ensure that collaborators—who are signed in to InVision—have the context necessary to review and give feedback, you can now add descriptions to your prototypes.
What's improved or fixed?
During may, we released numerous enhancements and fixes for InVision Cloud V7:
- Prototype sort: After syncing a prototype from Craft, now you'll see that prototype at the top of your documents list, as Craft Sync now automatically updates the Last Viewed timestamp on the prototype.
- Safari support: You can now use the screens overview page on Safari as you’d expect, as screen thumbnail spacing and drag-and-drop issues have been resolved.
- Bulk actions bar: With multiple prototype screens selected, the appearance of the bulk actions tool bar will now remain consistent when resizing the browser window.
- Export limit: When you attempt to export a prototype, you will now be notified if your selection of screens exceeds the size limit, so you can select and export a smaller set of screens successfully.
- Drag and drop performance: You should now experience an improved performance when dragging and dropping screens, as well as sets, on the screens overview page. Stay tuned for further improvements on this front!
- Set spacing: When working in the screens overview, now you'll see your screen sets in the sidebar as expected, since the spacing bug that caused a visual overlap for some hover states has been addressed.
- Set creation: When adding new sets, you will see their names formatted correctly now that we've resolved a visual issue that was momentarily making set names appear in large, bold font.
- Set deletion: So you can easily find any sets you delete, you will now see screens from deleted sets move to the top of the All Screens list on the screens overview page.
- Screen search: You can now search screens within a prototype as you’d expect. Previously, a bug was causing the input field to lose focus after every character.
- Missing screens: You should now see any screens that were previously hidden in certain prototypes, as a couple of issues that were causing some screens to be hidden from view have been addressed.
- Scroll while dragging: You can now easily trigger scrolling while dragging screens to the bottom or to the top of the screens overview page. This improvement applies across all browsers InVision supports.
- Screen replacement:
- When uploading image files while filtered to a set, screens with the matching names will be updated and moved to the set you’re on, so you can see them immediately.
- When replacing a prototype screen by dragging and dropping an image on top of it, you will now see the screen replaced as expected—without the thumbnail disappearing until the page refreshes.
- Screen drop zone: You will now see the drop zone indicators appear as you’d expect while dragging screens, so know exactly where your screens will end up once you drop them.
- Duplicate inception: You can once again duplicate a previously duplicated prototype without encountering a
Something went wrong error.