Your InVision experience is improving as we work to squash bugs and release new features. Here’s an account of the improvements you’ll find in the latest releases.
What's improved in Freehand?
Big improvements to Freehand tools during April make it even easier to draw, write, and collaborate in real-time with your colleagues online:
- Drawing attention: Use the improved shape tool to wow your fellow Freehand-ers with cleanly drawn squares, rectangles, circles, and lines.
- Gift wrapping: Alright, it may not be first on your birthday list, but we can all agree a great line of text can be a gift. The new auto text wrapping feature lets you wrap that little text gem by selecting and resizing the text box.
- Bulk alignment: Now you can align multiple objects in a freehand at once. Select the objects you want to align, and then click one of the three alignment icons that appear at the top of the screen.
- Get colorful: Now it's easier to change and fine-tune your color choices. Select an object to reveal options at the top of the screen, and then use the dropdown arrows to adjust its color or the opacity of its fill and outline.
See all our Freehand updates and fixes: Release Notes: Freehand
What's new in InVision Cloud?
- Find orphaned projects: Enterprise owners, admins, and managers can now choose the No Collaborators filter option within the collaborator filter to see the orphaned projects.
- New collaborator permission: If you're an admin or owner of an Enterprise, now you can disable or enable document delete actions for contributors. When the permission is disabled, contributors cannot delete prototypes, boards, or freehands within the Enterprise account. Read the details: Who can delete documents in my Enterprise account?
- Prototype duplication: Now when you duplicate a prototype, you'll see a duplication status bar.
What's fixed or improved in InVision Cloud?
What’s new in Craft Manager?
Update to Craft Manager 1.0.95, which was released on April 13th, to ensure support for Sketch 65.
What’s fixed or improved in Craft Sync + Prototype?
Also released on April 13th, Craft Sync + Prototype 2.3.153 includes these two improvements:
- Nice and orderly: Now when you publish screens via Craft Sync, they will appear in InVision Cloud in the order you selected.
- A time for connection: You should no longer run into the "problem connecting to the server" error message when publishing via Craft Sync.
What's new in DSM?
Manage your duplicate or unneeded symbols with DSM 1.1.29, released on April 2nd:
- Managing symbols: Power users may notice the Manage Symbols feature in DSM got a total overhaul. Now you can use this feature to identify duplicate or unnecessary symbols inside your various DSM libraries.
The version numbers for these Craft tools were updated during April:
- Craft Manager: version 1.0.95 (Sketch and Photoshop)
Remember, Craft Manager is a separate tool that you use to manage the Craft plugin tool suite; therefore, the version number is different than what you see when clicking Manage plugins in the Sketch Plugins menu.
- Sync + Prototype: 2.3.153
- Design System Manager: version 1.1.29
See all our Craft updates and fixes: Release Notes: Craft
What's improved or fixed?
These platform updates were made during April:
- Platform stability and security: To maintain and continually improve the stability and security of InVision Cloud, we implemented additional security measures.
InVision Cloud V7
The following release notes apply to InVision Cloud V7 only; these do not apply to Cloud V6.
What's new in Cloud V7?
By popular demand, now you can create sets of screens in Cloud V7!
When you open a prototype in Cloud V7, you'll notice the screens overview page got some serious love during April. The interface redesign includes the ability to organize screens into sets, so you can group distinct user flows, journeys, or ideas within your prototype. With sets, you can:
- Quickly click and drag: Drag-select screens and drop them over a previously created set—either over the set name in the left-hand sidebar or anywhere within the set's area in the grid.
- Share sets for specific feedback: You can filter screens using sets, and then copy the browser URL to share a focused view with collaborators.
- Add descriptions: Provide context for your collaborators by adding a description for sets in your prototypes.
What's improved or fixed?
You may also have noticed quite a few enhancements and fixes in Cloud V7 during April:
- Fixed prototype export: You can now export prototypes as a .zip file even if screen names have forward slashes in their name.
- Last edited: Now you'll always see an accurate timestamp of when a prototype was last edited, including after someone updates hotspots in the prototype.
- Screen name capitalization: To match capitalization established in your Sketch file, now when you use Craft Sync to publish artboards with names that start with a number, you'll find that Craft no longer auto-capitalizes the first letter of the title.
- Duplication station: Now you can duplicate prototypes that contain a high number of assets.
- Duplicated screen rotation: Thumbnails for duplicated screens will now display in the correct orientation, now that a bug that was unexpectedly rotating some of the thumbnails has been addressed.
- Sharing specific screens: Your public share links will once again direct to the specific subset of screens you shared.
- Moving in reverse: Enjoy a trip back to simpler times, when you could use the Reverse transition on Close link hotspot setting without encountering issues.
- Prototype screen position fix: Your screens will now be positioned consistently across build and preview mode when prototyping on the web.
- Fixed screen thumbnails: Your newly uploaded screen thumbnails will now only show the contents of the screen—without a system icon errantly layered over it.