Your InVision experience is improving as we work to squash bugs and release new features. Here’s an account of the improvements you’ll find in the latest releases.
InVision Cloud V6
What's fixed or improved?
These issues were fixed or improved in InVision Cloud V6 during February:
- Account upgrade: When upgrading your account, you can now enter your billing address as expected even if it exceeds 50 characters.
- Survey apps: If you open an InVision prototype via a share link found on a survey app, you should no longer see a blocker page identifying you as a robot.
- SSO option in share links: If you're trying to view comments in a prototype you opened via a share link, you may need to sign in to InVision first. If you belong to an Enterprise team that has disabled native password authentication, now you can see a link to sign in via SSO without leaving Comment mode.
- Brainstation promotional plan: If you sign up for InVision on the Brainstation website, you should now get placed on the correct promotional plan.
- Loading issues on mobile: Now you can open prototypes via share links on mobile Safari and on older iPads, both of which were previously causing loading issues that left people stuck with a "Loading your experience" spinner.
- Screen background: Sketch screen backgrounds are now handled consistently across all prototype modes.
What's fixed in DSM version 1.1.26?
Released on February 20th, DSM version 1.1.26 includes additional support for text styles in DSM:
- Vertical alignment: Now you can define vertical alignment for your text styles in DSM, and you'll see the styles reflected in InVision Cloud once you re-sync your prototype.
What's new in Craft Manager 1.0.92?
Released on February 6th, Craft Manager 1.0.92 includes a great new feature:
- New to Inspect: If you use Sketch's Smart Layout feature, now you can use Inspect to see your smart layout measurements after syncing the prototype to InVision Cloud.
What's fixed in Craft Manager 1.0.92?
The February 6th release also includes a few fixes and improvements:
- Stay focused: If you have auto-update enabled for Craft Manager, you should no longer get interrupted by unnecessary notifications.
- Assets in Inspect: Now you can download assets as expected in Inspect.
- Issue syncing hotspots: Now your hotspots will sync correctly when publishing to InVision Cloud, even if you have the Anima plugin enabled. Previously, Anima users were unable to sync hotspots as expected.
The version numbers for these Craft tools were updated during February:
- Craft Manager: 1.0.92 (Sketch and Photoshop)
Remember, Craft Manager is a separate tool that you use to manage the Craft plugin tool suite; therefore, the version number is different than what you see when clicking Manage plugins in the Sketch Plugins menu.
- Design System Manager: version 1.1.26 (Sketch only)
See all our Craft updates and fixes: Release Notes: Craft
InVision iOS app
What's new in the InVision iOS app version 2.10.2?
The InVision iOS app version 2.10.2 includes one crucial fix for iPad users:
- Landscape mode for iPad: Once you sign in to the InVision app on your iPad, you can view prototypes set to landscape orientation as expected.
To see the sign-in screen, you will need to hold your iPad in portrait mode. After signing in, you can use landscape mode as needed.
See all our InVision iOS app updates and fixes: Release Notes: InVision iOS App
What's improved or fixed?
These platform updates were made during February:
- Platform stability and security: To maintain and continually improve the stability and security of InVision Cloud, we implemented additional security measures.
InVision Cloud V7
The following release notes apply to InVision Cloud V7 only; these do not apply to InVision V6.
What's new in Cloud V7?
There's a new payment option for Cloud V7:
- Annual billing: Now you can save money by paying for your InVision subscription annually, or you can stick with monthly payments.
What's fixed or improved in Cloud V7?
You may have noticed several fixes and improvements in Cloud V7 during February:
- Seeing double: The duplication experience for screens and prototypes has improved:
- Fixed screen duplication: You can duplicate prototype screens without creating unintentional screen copies.
- Fixed prototype duplication: You can duplicate a prototype even if it's contained in a space you don't belong to.
- Fixed hotspot syncing: After converting to a new version of InVision Cloud, hotspots you sync via Craft Sync will now appear on the web as expected.
- Request prototype access: If attempting to open a document you don’t have permission to view, now you can request access (instead of running into a “Page Not Found” error).
- Improved prototype export: Now when you export prototypes, you'll experience improved stability and receive a clear error message if the prototype is too large to export.
- Fixed prototype preview: You can now preview single-screen prototypes as expected—without unnecessary screen navigation arrows.
- Special characters in prototype names: You will now be able to use special characters in prototype names without running into a frustrating bug that may have previously prevented you from opening these prototypes.
- Prototype section expansion: Prototype sections will now remain in the expanded/collapsed state you left them in, so you can pick up exactly where you left off next time you open the prototype.
- Fixed Inspect asset support: When working in Inspect, you can once again download assets in the EPS, TIFF, PDF, or WEBP format.
- Title error handling: You will now see a clear error message if something fails when updating prototype, screen, or section titles, so you can try again with the click of a button.
- Fixed prototype name capitalization: You will now see the prototype name exactly as you’ve entered it, including your capitalization choices.
- Navigation arrows accessibility: You will have an easier time locating the navigation arrows when previewing the prototype, as they are now accessible.
- Fixed scrolling on mobile prototypes: You can now scroll to reveal the entire device skin when it doesn't fit vertically within the browser window.
- Fixed long screen names: Your screen names will be truncated to fit within the thumbnail, as they always used to.