This article provides answers for InVision V7
To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard. On V6? Check out this article instead.
With InVision V7, you can export your prototype as a fully functioning offline prototype, PDF, or ZIP file.
Who can export prototypes?
Team members (owners, admins, managers, members) can export prototypes. Guests don't have the option to export prototypes.
You can learn more in this article: InVision V7 user roles
Exporting a prototype
To export a prototype:
- Sign in to your InVision V7 account and open the prototype.
- At the top right of the page, click the ••• (more) menu.
- Click Export prototype, and then click your preferred export type:
- Export to PDF
- Export as offline prototype
- Export screen images (.zip)
- Export comments (.csv)
A new window will open, and the file will download to your computer.
Exporting specific screens
For information on exporting specific screens, check out this article: Exporting specific screens in InVision V7
In addition to the inability to export Studio prototypes to PDF or ZIP file, there are a few limitations when exporting a prototype to PDF:
- Currently, it’s not possible to export a Studio prototype in InVision V7.
- Comments cannot be included.
- Landscape orientation is not an option.
- Password protection is not supported
When exporting a prototype to PDF, ZIP file, and as an offline prototype, there is a file size limit of 450MB.
Exporting Prototype comments
You can export all prototype comments or comments for select screens in CSV format. Learn more here: Exporting Prototype Comments in InVision V7