Your InVision experience is improving as we work to squash bugs and release new features. Here’s an account of the improvements you’ll find in the latest releases.
InVision Cloud V6
What's fixed or improved?
These issues were fixed or improved in InVision Cloud V6 during November:
- React upgrade: InVision Cloud V6 now uses React 16.9 throughout the product.
- Boards on the run: Now you can open boards in mobile browsers as expected.
- InVision favicon: You'll see the InVision favicon throughout Cloud V6 now.
- Archived prototypes: If you were a collaborator on a prototype that the owner has since archived and you attempt to unarchive the prototype, now you'll see a more helpful message: “You can't unarchive this project. Reach out to the prototype owner and ask them to unarchive it.”
- Prototype duplication: When you duplicate a prototype in Cloud V6, the Inspect data from the original will now be available in the duplicate as well.
- Sample prototypes for Inspect: Check out our new sample prototypes, which contain Inspect data to help you get more familiar with Inspect.
- Empty state for engineers: If you identify yourself as a developer during your onboarding, now you'll see an empty state in Cloud V6 if you haven't been invited into a project yet.
- New sample screen: If you identify yourself as a developer during your onboarding, you will also see an updated sample prototype screen with helpful information. After clicking one of the samples, it will open with the Inspect tab active, so you can get familiar with the engineering-relevant details you'll use to bring the prototype to life.
- Maintain scroll position: With a prototype open in Preview or Build mode, clicking the Back button in your browser will now re-open the Screens tab at the same scroll position you had established before opening a specific screen.
Clicking the Back button in your browser while working in Comment, Inspect, or History mode will still return you to Preview mode of whatever prototype screen you have open.
- Email input: Email form input fields no longer function as text input fields.
- Enterprise conversions to Cloud V7: If your Enterprise team is converting from Cloud V6 to Cloud V7, people on the team will now receive improved emails describing the conversion process.
What's new in Studio 1.24.0?
Update to the familiar, streamlined sign-in experience you'll recognize from such hits as InVision Cloud, Craft, and more!
Here's what's new in Studio 1.24.0, which was released on November 13th:
- Signing in: As the very first thing you do when using Studio, your sign-in experience should be seamless! With that in mind, this update introduces a streamlined sign-in flow that should feel rather familiar. In fact, it's now the same simple experience you're accustomed to with InVision Cloud, Craft, DSM, and other InVision offerings and includes the ability to select from your complete list of teams, so you can get connected to the right team and get right to work.
What's improved or fixed in Studio 1.24.0?
This release also includes one improvement and one fix:
- Start your animations: Those of you with a keen eye for details (um, we're guessing that's pretty much all of you!) will notice an updated, smooth animation when starting the app.
- Where my fonts at?: Fonts you've recently installed to your computer should now correctly appear just where you'd expect—in the font picker when editing text layers.
See all our Studio updates and fixes: Release Notes: Studio
What's new in Craft Manager version 1.0.90?
Released on November 12th, Craft Manager version 1.0.90 includes some great new additions:
- Whitespace included: When exporting a symbol master to Inspect via Craft Sync, it's no longer cropped and any whitespace around the asset is now included.
- Working smart: After publishing a prototype via Craft Sync, any "Smart Layout" naming you've established in Sketch will now be available in Inspect.
- Noteworthy: Improved in-app release notes paint a more vivid picture of all the good stuff included in each release:
What's fixed in Craft Manager version 1.0.90?
Craft Manager version 1.0.90 includes two important fixes:
- Clearer communication: If you're on macOS Catalina, you may need to update your security preferences for Craft to work as expected. The in-app message about this was not particularly clear, so we rewrote it to avoid any ambiguity.
- Smoother sailing: You may notice performance improvements, as we've implemented a number of general bug fixes and enhancements.
See all our Craft updates and fixes: Release Notes: Craft
InVision iOS app
The latest release, version 2.9.1, includes integration improvements:
- Zendesk SDK: If you need to report a bug from within the iOS app, you may notice the brief process is smoother now that we've implemented enhancements to our Zendesk SDK (software development kit) integration.
See all our InVision iOS app updates and fixes: Release Notes: InVision iOS App
What's improved or fixed?
These platform updates were made during November:
- Platform stability and security: To maintain and continually improve the stability and security of InVision Cloud, we implemented additional security measures.
InVision Cloud V7
The following release notes apply to InVision Cloud V7 only; these do not apply to InVision V6.
What's new in Cloud V7?
User management for Enterprise teams got a whole lot easier during November:
- Introducing user provisioning: Cloud V7 Enterprise teams can now enable user provisioning via Okta, using our SCIM API. To get started, check out the SCIM Provisioning article in our Getting Started Guide.
If your Enterprise doesn't use Okta, not to worry! We'll expand this feature for use with additional IdP apps before you know it.
What's improved in Cloud V7?
The following improvement was released in InVision Cloud V7 during November:
- Under my thumb(nail): On the Home, Documents, and Spaces pages of Cloud V7, the document thumbnail images will now be taken from the upper-left corner of the first screen in the document, except for freehand thumbnail images, which are now taken from the center of the freehand.