This article provides answers for InVision V7. If you’re on InVision V6, read this article instead. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
Currently, you can transfer documents from one InVision V7 team to another yourself; however, transferring your documents from one V7 account to another requires a helping hand from InVision Support.
If you're not familiar with the differences between teams and accounts on InVision V7, learn more about each now:
Transfer documents to another V7 team
Transferring documents to another V7 team is a breeze, but before you get started, there are a few important things to note.
Eligible receiving teams
There are a few intended limitations regarding which teams you can transfer documents to:
- You must be a member, manager, admin, or owner of the team that will own the transferred document.
While people with the Guest role
can create and own documents on a team, they cannot transfer a document to that team (or any other team that has assigned them the Guest role).
- The receiving team cannot be locked (by InVision).
- It's possible to transfer documents to an Enterprise team; however, transferring documents from an Enterprise team is not supported at this time.
Before transferring a document to an Enterprise team, it's important to understand that once transferred, you will not be able to transfer the document to another team without assistance from InVision Support.
Transferring documents to another team can impact document collaborators:
- Anyone who belonged to the document before the transfer but does not belong to the receiving team will lose access.
- To avoid interrupting access, invite collaborators to the receiving team before the transfer.
- To restore access for collaborators who were not on the receiving team before the transfer, either invite them to that team or transfer the document back to the team that originally owned it.
- If collaborators belong to both teams involved, they will receive a notification email when the document is transferred.
To transfer an InVision V7 document to another team:
- Sign in to InVision and select the team that currently owns the document.
- In the left panel of InVision, click Documents.
- Hover over a document and click the ••• (More) button.
- Click Transfer to team.
- Select the team you want to own the document.
- After considering the warning message, select the I'm sure checkbox.
- Click Confirm transfer.
Repeat the steps above for each document you want to transfer.
You can also move InVision V7 documents from one space to another yourself.
Transfer documents to another V7 account
To transfer InVision V7 documents to another account, please contact InVision Support.
Frequently asked questions
For answers to common questions we receive about transferring documents in InVision V7, check out the FAQs below.
What document types can be transferred?
The types of documents that eligible to transfer depends on whether you are transferring the documents to another V7 team or to another V7 account.
Documents you can transfer to another V7 team
If you need to transfer documents to another V7 team you belong to, you can transfer these document types:
- Prototypes—any published via Craft Sync or created directly in InVision V7
Transferring Studio prototypes or Spec documents is not currently supported.
Documents Support can transfer to another V7 account
InVision Support can help you transfer the following types of documents from one InVision V7 account to another:
- Prototypes—any prototype published via Studio or Craft Sync as well as any created directly in InVision V7
Support can also help duplicate your DSM libraries to another account, though this is not a complete transfer. Instead, the duplication process essentially involves placing a snapshot of the DSM library into the target account, yet the DSM library remains in the initiating account. Once the DSM library has been duplicated to another account, changes to that duplicate library will not impact the original library (in the initiating account).
Are prototype comments & hotspots transferred?
Whether you're transferring a document to another V7 team or another V7 account, the entire prototype is transferred—complete with comments and hotspots.
Do share links still work as expected after a prototype is transferred?
Because each InVision V7 team chooses a unique subdomain on InVision, previously existing share links won't work after the document is transferred. You will need to recreate and distribute the share link.
There are two ways to regenerate your share links after transferring a document:
- Open the document and use the Share button near the top-right corner.
- Replace the subdomain in your existing share links with the subdomain of the team that now owns the document.
Will document links shared via Integrations still work after transferring?
Since each InVision V7 team chooses a unique subdomain on InVision, transferring the document to another team will break links shared via InVision V7 integrations, such as our Slack and Jira Cloud integrations. Therefore, you will need to recreate and update your V7 document URLs in integrations that require an embed code. You'll also need to add the prototype to the appropriate Slack workspace and channel.