This article provides answers for InVision V7
To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard. On V6? Check out this article instead.
Learn how to transfer InVision V7 documents, as well as important considerations to keep in mind when transferring.
There are different ways to transfer documents between teams:
- If you belong to more than one InVision V7 team, you can transfer documents from one of those teams to another yourself.
- Transferring your documents to a V7 team you don't belong to requires a helping hand from InVision Support.
Please note that documents in InVision V7 belong to the team/Enterprise, rather than to individual user accounts. For this reason, it's only possible to transfer documents from one team to another; it's not possible to transfer documents to an individual user. Check out the key differences between InVision V7 teams and user accounts.
Transfer documents to another V7 team you belong to
Transferring documents to another V7 team that you belong to is a breeze. Before you get started, there are a few important things to note.
Eligible receiving teams
There are a few intended limitations regarding which teams you can transfer documents to:
- You must be a member, manager, admin, or owner of the team that will own the transferred document.
While people with the Guest role can create and own documents on a team, they cannot transfer a document to that team (or any other team that has assigned them the Guest role).
- The receiving team cannot be locked (by InVision).
- It's possible to transfer documents to an Enterprise team; however, transferring documents from an Enterprise team is not supported at this time.
Before transferring a document to an Enterprise team, it's important to understand that once transferred, you will not be able to transfer the document to another team without assistance from InVision Support.
Transferring documents to another team can impact document collaborators:
- Anyone who belonged to the document before the transfer but does not belong to the receiving team will lose access.
- To avoid interrupting access, invite collaborators to the receiving team before the transfer.
- To restore access for collaborators who were not on the receiving team before the transfer, either invite them to that team or transfer the document back to the team that originally owned it.
- If collaborators belong to both teams involved, they will receive a notification email when the document is transferred.
To transfer an InVision V7 document to another team you belong to:
- Sign in to InVision and select the team that currently owns the document.
- In the left panel of InVision, click Documents.
- Hover over a document and click the button.
- Click Transfer to team.
- Select the team you want to own the document.
- After considering the warning message, select the I'm sure checkbox.
- Click Confirm transfer.
Repeat the steps above for each document you want to transfer.
You can also move InVision V7 documents from one group to another yourself.
Transfer documents to a V7 team you don't belong to
Transfer documents previously owned by a removed user to an active member of the team
If you’re a team owner or admin who has recently removed a member from the team, you can transfer the removed user’s documents to an active member of the team. Check out this article for more details: Managing orphaned documents in InVision V7.
For answers to common questions about transferring documents in InVision V7, check out the FAQs below.
What document types can be transferred?
The types of documents that are eligible to transfer depend on whether you belong to the receiving team:
Documents you can transfer to another V7 team you belong to
If you need to transfer documents to another V7 team you belong to, you can transfer these document types:
- Prototypes—any published via Craft Sync or created directly in InVision V7
Transferring Studio prototypes or Spec documents is not currently supported.
Documents Support can transfer to a V7 team you don't belong to
InVision Support can help you transfer the following types of documents to a V7 team you don't belong to (or can only access as a guest):
- Prototypes—any prototype published via Studio or Craft Sync as well as any created directly in InVision V7
Transferring Spec documents is not currently supported.
Support can also help duplicate your DSM libraries to a separate V7 team, though this is not a complete transfer. Instead, the duplication process essentially involves placing a snapshot of the DSM library into the target account, yet the DSM library remains in the initiating account. Once the DSM library has been duplicated to another account, changes to that duplicate library will not impact the original library (in the initiating account).
Are prototype comments & hotspots transferred?
When transferring a document to another V7 team (whether or not you belong to it), the entire prototype is transferred—complete with comments and hotspots.
Do share links still work as expected after a prototype is transferred?
Public share links will continue to work and will redirect to the new team, so you do not need to recreate them after transferring a prototype. However, please note that any existing document links will not be redirected.
There are two ways to regenerate your document links after transferring a document:
- Open the document and use the Share button near the top-right corner.
- Replace the team subdomain in your existing document links with the subdomain of the team that now owns the document—e.g.