The Shades Studio app is an intentionally simple solution for quickly grabbing various shades of a given color. Simply enter the hex code of a color (or use the color picker), and the Shades app will display multiple variations to select and apply to your layer/s in Studio.
To use Shades:
- Select the layer or layers to which you want to apply a color.
- In the Studio App Store dock, click the Shades icon ().
- If wanted, edit the Steps field to change the number of colors Shades will recommend.
- In the Color field, enter a color value.
Shades supports RGB, Lab, and HSL color values, and you can click the Mode drop-down to change the option.
- In the rows of recommended color shades, click the color you want to apply.