This article provides answers for InVision V7. Please note that Spaces are not available in InVision V6. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
There are two ways to move documents to a space:
- Add existing documents while working in the space you want to store them.
- Move documents from the main Documents page or from a different space.
A document can only live in one space at a time.
Add existing documents to an open space
To add an existing document to a space you currently have open:
- Near the top-right corner, click the + Create button.
- Click Add existing.
- Use the search field or scroll down to find and click the document you want to move.
- Click the Add button.
Move documents from the Documents page
To move one or more documents to a space from the main Documents page:
- Sign in to your InVision V7 account.
- On the left, click Documents.
- Hover over your document and click the ••• (More) button.
- Click Select.
You will then see the multi-select toolbar appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click any additional documents you want to move to the space.
- On the right side of the multi-select toolbar, click Move to space.
- Use the search field or scroll down to find and click the space you want to store the documents.
You can also click Create a new space, if wanted.
- Click Move.
Your document will now live in that space. Following the same steps above, you can move the document to a different space at any time, or you can remove it from the current space by selecting Unfiled from the list of spaces.
Pack like a pro: shortcuts & tips
Need to move numerous documents at once? The power-user tips below will help you pack your bags in a hurry and make your trips count!
Save time by using the drag-select feature to grab your documents and drop them in a space in the sidebar! Hover next to a thumbnail, and then click and drag to select the documents you want to move to a space. This technique will save you a few seconds when moving a single document as well.
You can also select a document, hold the Shift key, and then click another document on the grid to select all items between the two.