This article provides answers for InVision V7.
If you’re using InVision V6, the information does not apply. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
To use InVision V7, you must create a team, which serves as the hub for your content and collaboration. Each team brings your documents and people you invite to join the team together in one collaborative environment where you can communicate, create, iterate, present, and perfect your digital product designs.
If you’ve signed up for InVision and created a team you no longer need, you can delete that team to clean up and streamline your experience.
If you delete the only team tied to your V7 account, you will need to create a new team for that account before you can get back to work in InVision.
InVision cannot restore a V7 team that has been deleted nor recover its data. Therefore, to prevent the deletion of a team that you may later regret, please carefully read the list in the "What to expect" section before moving on to the instructions to delete your team.
Restrictions and considerations
The ability to delete teams is available to customers on the Free V7 plan only.
If you’re on a Pro plan and want to delete a V7 team you created, you would first need to downgrade your plan to Free.
As an added security precaution to prevent anyone from unintentionally deleting a V7 Enterprise team, InVision Support must handle deletion. If you need to delete a V7 Enterprise team, please contact your InVision customer success manager or InVision Support for assistance.
The deletion process described below doesn't currently meet GDPR or CCPA requirements for deletion; however, the owner of the team can contact InVision Support, using the email address associated with the team account, so we can provide GDPR- and CCPA-compliant deletion.
What to expect
Here's what to expect after an InVision V7 team owner deletes the team:
- Former team members, including the owner, will no longer have access to any content from the deleted team, including all document links and share links. Any previously downloaded content will still be accessible.
- The subdomain that had belonged to the team becomes available to use when creating or renaming another V7 team.
- Users who belonged only to the deleted team will be required to join a team or create a new team the next time they sign in to InVision.
How to delete your team
To delete your V7 team:
- Sign in to the team here:
- In the lower-left corner, click the [Your Team Name] dropdown, and then click People & Team settings.
- Just below your team name, click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click Team deletion.
- Read the warning and click Continue.
- Read the details and select the corresponding checkboxes.
- Select your reason for deleting the team and enter any details you'd like to provide.
Heads up! This is your last chance to change your mind. Once you enter the six-digit code in step 8, the team will be deleted immediately.
- Check your email for the six-digit verification code from InVision, return to InVision, and enter that code when prompted.
Common reasons for deleting a team
There are a few common reasons you may need to delete a V7 team:
- You joined InVision V7 to collaborate with someone and then realized each of you created a V7 team.
- After creating a V7 team for yourself, you later joined your company’s Enterprise account and no longer need your own team.
- You created a team that you either did not intend to create or that you no longer want.
- You want to release the domain tied to one team so you can use it to rename another team.