If you've installed Studio on a Windows 10 device, you may run into a blank page when trying to open and use Studio. This error is caused by a compatibility issue, but don't worry; you can still use Studio for Windows in compatibility mode.
To run Studio in compatibility mode:
- In your Windows task bar, enter Studio.
You will first need to ensure that Studio isn't already running.
- Right-click the Studio program file and click Open file location.
Depending on your Windows version, you may need to skip step 2.
- In Windows File Explorer, right-click the Studio program file and click Properties.
- In the InVision Studio Properties dialog, click the Compatibility tab.
- Click the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox, and then ensure that Windows 8 is selected in the dropdown list.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
Alternatively, you could also use these steps to run Studio in compatibility mode:
- In your Windows task bar, enter run programs and click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
Be sure to click the result labeled Control panel.
- At the bottom of Program Compatibility Troubleshooter dialog, click Next.
- In the list of resulting program files, select InVision Studio and click Next.
- Click Troubleshoot program.
- Click The program opens but doesn't display correctly.
- In the list of Windows versions, select Windows 8 and click Next.
- Click Test the program.
- After you've verified that these steps solved the issue, click Next, click Yes, save these settings for this program, and then click Close.