This article provides answers for InVision V7
To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard. On V6? Read this article instead.
Groups are document folders that help you group and share designs across your team. You can add a prototype, spec, freehand, or board to a group, and even create a space within a group.
More than storing your documents, groups provide a place for groups of people rallying around specific design challenges. Groups let you create standards, structure, and order to encourage effective design processes. Groups also serve as windows into the status and progress of design initiatives for your teammates.
For additional organization within groups, you can create spaces.
You can access all groups and spaces you've created or joined from the left sidebar.
As you get started with groups, note these important details:
- Each group for your team must have a unique name. For example, there can be only one group named Highlander on your team.
- A document can live in only one group at a time. You can move a document from one group to another if you have access to edit the document.
- You don't need to add documents to a group at all, but your teammates may thank you for helping them stay focused by creating and using groups.
- If you have access to a group, you can open every document within it, regardless of the given document’s permissions.
Types of groups
You can set up two types of groups in InVision V7:
- Team group: Your team members—excluding guests—can discover and access all the documents within your team group. Use a team group to better socialize design across your organization.
- Invite-only group: Your teammates can't discover and access the documents within an invite-only group unless they have been invited to join. An invite-only group helps you secure whatever needs securing.
Invite-only groups require a paid account.
Examples of groups
With groups, you can arrange documents by any number of categories. A few customer examples include using groups to categorize by:
Create a group
To create a group:
- Sign in to your InVision V7 account.
- On the left sidebar, next to Groups, select + New. The Create a group modal opens.
- In the Group name field, enter a name.
- Below the Group name field, click the drop-down list and select the type of group you want to create:
- All members of [Your Team] can access this group
- Only people invited can access this group
- Select Create.
You can also create a new group from the Spaces page, by selecting + Create at top-right corner of the page.
Add groups to your sidebar
Add frequently used groups to your sidebar for quick access. From within a group, select Add to sidebar to add the group.
To remove a group from the sidebar, you can:
- Enter the group and select Remove from sidebar
- In the sidebar, beside the group name, select More > Remove from sidebar
Add documents to groups
To create a new document in an existing group or to move existing documents to your group, read this article: Move or add InVision V7 documents to a group
Invite people to a group
To invite team members to your group, read this article: Add people to a group in InVision V7
Additional organization inside groups
Spaces add a layer of organization within groups. Learn more here: Spaces in InVision V7