Getting set up to use Microsoft's Azure Active Directory SSO with InVision V6 involves three primary tasks:
- Adding InVision as a new application in Azure
- Configuring the InVision application in Azure
- Configuring Azure in InVision V6 (with help from InVision Support)
This article walks you through the process.
Adding InVision as a new application in Azure
To add the InVision app in Azure:
- Sign in to Azure as an admin.
- In the left-hand navigation, click Azure Active Directory.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications, click All Applications, and click New application.
- In the Add from the gallery search box, enter InVision.
- In the search results, click InVision and finish adding the app.
Configuring the InVision app in Azure
To configure and enable the InVision app in Azure:
- Open the InVision app and, in the Manage section, click single sign-on.
- On the Select a single sign-on method page, click SAML.
- To the right of Basic SAML Configuration on the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the pen icon and edit the settings.
For detailed instructions on editing these SAML configuration settings in Azure, check out the "Configure Azure AD SSO" section of Microsoft's related Help article.
- In the SAML Signing Certificate section of the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, next to Certificate (Base64), click Download and save the certificate to your desktop (or wherever you can easily find it later).
- In the Set up InVision section, copy the URLs next to each of these labels:
- Login URL
- Azure AD Identifier
- Logout URL
Once you've completed the steps above in Azure, follow the steps in Configuring Azure in InVision to complete the process.
Configuring Azure in InVision
Next, contact InVision Support so we can configure Azure for your InVision V6 Enterprise.
Support will need the following details or a metadata.xml file containing these details:
- Sign-in URL: This is the Login URL you saved in step 5 of the "Configuring the InVision app in Azure" instructions above.
- Sign-out URL: This is the Logout URL you saved in step 5 of the "Configuring the InVision app in Azure" instructions above.
- SAML Certificate: Attach the SAML signing certificate you downloaded in step 4.
- Name ID Format: This is generally
- HASH Algorithm: This is generally SHA-256