Freehand in InVision lets you rapidly capture feedback throughout the product design process in a real-time, flexible, and collaborative way. You spend less time exporting work into presentable formats and more time creating meaningful experiences for users in collaboration with your team. Like prototypes and boards, Freehand lets anyone on your team join, from anywhere, on any device to weigh in on your concepts and designs.
Stay up to date on the most recent Freehand enhancements by following our Freehand Release Notes.
Guided Video Tour
To get more familiar with Freehand, we also recommend taking a guided video tour, led by one of our experienced InVision product experts:
Creating a new freehand
To create a freehand in InVision V7:
- Sign in to your InVision account.
- Click the pink + button, and then click Freehand.
- In the Create new freehand dialog, enter a name, and then click the Create button.
If you need to change the name of your freehand, open it and hover over the current name until the mouse pointer changes to a cursor, click the name, and then rename it and press Enter.
Navigating a freehand
To navigate through your freehand, click the Pan tool icon() in the bottom-right corner. Alternatively, place two fingers on your trackpad or hold the spacebar while you click and drag. To zoom, hold the Command key while scrolling, use pinch gestures on your trackpad, or use the +/- controls (also in the bottom-right corner.
Exiting a freehand
To exit your freehand and return to all your documents, navigate to the top-left corner and click the InVision () icon. Any changes you made to your freehand will save automatically.
Deleting a freehand
If you choose to delete a prototype or other document, you cannot restore it—nor can InVision restore it on your behalf. Please proceed with caution.
If you're the person who originally created a freehand, you can delete it at any time.
To delete a freehand in InVision V7:
- Open the Documents page (or the space that stores the document you want to delete).
- Hover over the document thumbnail to reveal and click the More menu icon () in the lower-right corner, and then click Delete.
- On the confirmation screen, click the Delete button.
Currently, only the original creator of a InVision V7 freehand has the ability delete it; therefore, even if they've transferred the freehand to a new owner, only the creator will see a Delete option after clicking the More menu.
Located in the bottom-right corner of your freehand is a help icon (). Click the icon to reveal a few different options:
- Review the Freehand Guide: Watch an introductory video or read up on using Freehand.
- See what's new: Check out the latest release notes for Freehand.
- Send feedback: Reach out to us directly with any feedback for Freehand.