This article provides answers for InVision Cloud V7 only. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
Open Enrollment simplifies the way people can join teams on InVision Cloud V7, and the feature is available with all Cloud V7 plans! If enabled, Open Enrollment empowers people to join a team simply by signing in with their approved email address—i.e., an email address from the email domain (or list of domains) that the primary owner or owner of the team previously approved.
Enabling Open Enrollment
There are two ways to enable Open Enrollment:
- When creating a team
- When editing team settings
Enable Open Enrollment When Creating a Team
To enable Open Enrollment when creating your team:
- Sign in to your account.
- In the top-right corner, click your avatar, and then click Manage account.
- Click the Teams tab, and then click New team.
- Choose a team name and team domain.
- Click Create team.
- At the bottom of the InVision is better together dialog, ensure that the Anybody with a verified @[your-domain].com email address can sign up for the team checkbox is selected.
Note: This setting is enabled by default.
- If you want to add specific people to the team as well, type their email addresses and click Invite. Otherwise, click Skip.
Note: When inputing email addresses, you must separate each address with a comma.
Enable Open Enrollment When Editing Team Settings
To enable Open Enrollment when editing your team settings:
- Sign in to your team account and, at the top of the page, click Team.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click New Members ().
- On the New Members dialog, select Anyone with an email address from your team's selected approved domains.
- Click Update.
Joining a Team via Open Enrollment
With Open Enrollment enabled, you can join a team a new team whether your have an InVision account or need to create an account.
To join a team via Open Enrollment:
- Open your browser and enter the unique subdomain for the team. (e.g., [your-domain].invisionapp.com)
- At the bottom of the Sign in to [Your Team] page, click the join the team link.
- On the Join [Your Team] page, enter your email address from the approved email domain.
- Click Continue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some common questions about Open Enrollment for InVision Cloud V7.
Who has access to enable Open Enrollment?
Either the primary owner or the owner of a team can set up Open Enrollment and establish approved email domains.
How are email domains approved for Open Enrollment?
Each time a new team member joins (i.e., their email address is authenticated), that email address is added to the list of approved email domains for the team. Therefore, the domain for the email address used to create the InVision Cloud V7 account is automatically added as the first approved email domain for the team.
Once someone with a different email domain is approved to join the team, that new email domain will get added to the list of approved domains for the team; however, the primary owner or owner of the team must then select the newly approved domain before it can be used with Open Enrollment.
Is Open Enrollment available for teams with Single Sign On (SSO) configured?
If a team is configured solely for SSO authentication, Open Enrollment is not supported. However, when signing in to InVision Cloud V7, people see a list of all teams they can join—including teams that rely on SSO. Therefore, teams with SSO enabled can still enjoy a hybrid version of the Open Enrollment feature.