This article provides answers for InVision Cloud V7 only. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
The Approved Domains feature simplifies the way people can join teams on InVision Cloud V7, and the feature is available with all Cloud V7 plans! If enabled, Approved Domains empowers people to join a team simply by signing in with their approved email address—i.e., an email address from the email domain (or list of domains) that the owner or admin of the team previously approved.
Enabling Approved Domains
There are two ways to enable Approved Domains:
- When creating a team
- When editing team settings
Enable Approved Domains when creating a team
To enable Approved Domains when creating your team:
- Sign in to your account.
- In the top-right corner, click your avatar, and then click Manage account.
- Click the Teams tab, and then click New team.
- Choose a team name and team domain.
- Click Create team.
- At the bottom of the InVision is better together dialog, ensure that the Anybody with a verified @
[your-domain].com email address can sign up for the team checkbox is selected.
This setting is enabled by default.
- If you want to add specific people to the team as well, type their email addresses and click Invite. Otherwise, click Skip.
When inputing email addresses, you must separate each address with a comma.
Enable Approved Domains when editing team settings
To enable Approved Domains when editing your team settings:
- Sign in to your team account and, at the top of the page, click Team.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click New Members ().
- On the New Members dialog, select Anyone with an email address from your team's selected approved domains.
- Click Update.
Joining a team via Approved Domains
With Approved Domains enabled, you can join a team a new team whether you have an InVision account or need to create an account.
To join a team via Approved Domains:
- Open your browser and enter the unique subdomain for the team. (e.g.,
- At the bottom of the Sign in to [Your Team] page, click the join the team link.
- On the Join [Your Team] page, enter your email address from the approved email domain.
- Click Continue.
Frequently asked questions
Below are some common questions about Approved Domains for InVision Cloud V7.
Who has access to enable Approved Domains?
Either the owner or an admin of a team can set up Approved Domains.
How are email domains established for Approved Domains?
Each time a new team member joins (i.e., their email address is authenticated), that email address is added to the list of approved email domains for the team. Therefore, the domain for the email address used to create the InVision Cloud V7 account is automatically added as the first approved email domain for the team.
Once someone with a different email domain is approved to join the team, that new email domain will get added to the list of approved domains for the team; however, the owner or an admin of the team must then select the newly approved domain before it can be used with Approved Domains.
Is the Approved Domains feature available for teams with Single Sign On (SSO) configured?
If a team is configured solely for SSO authentication, the Approved Domains feature is not supported. However, when signing in to InVision Cloud V7, people see a list of all teams they can join—including teams that rely on SSO. Therefore, teams with SSO enabled can still enjoy a hybrid version of Approved Domains.