This article provides answers for InVision V7 only. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
The Approved Domains feature simplifies the way people can join teams on InVision V7. If enabled, Approved Domains empowers people to join a team simply by signing in with their approved email address—i.e., an email address from the email domain (or list of domains) that the owner or admin of the team previously approved. The feature is available with all InVision V7 plans.
Enabling Approved Domains
There are two ways to enable Approved Domains:
- When creating a team
- When editing team settings
Enable Approved Domains when creating a team
To enable Approved Domains when creating your team:
- Sign in to InVision team or Enterprise here:
- In the top-right corner, click your avatar, and then click Manage account.
- Click the Teams tab, and then click New team.
- Choose a team name and team domain.
- Click Create team.
- At the bottom of the Bring visibility to your team dialog, ensure that the Enable approved domains option is toggled on
This setting is enabled by default.
- If you want to add specific people to the team as well, type their email addresses and click Invite. Otherwise, click Next.
When inputing email addresses, you must separate each address with a comma.
Enable Approved Domains when editing team settings
To enable Approved Domains when editing your team settings:
- Sign in to your InVision team or Enterprise here:
- In the lower-left corner, click the expandable team tray.
- Click the Settings tab and, next to New Members, click Change.
- On the New Members dialog, select Anyone with an email address from your team's selected approved domains.
- Click Update.
Joining a team via Approved Domains
When Approved Domains is enabled, new and existing users can join a team.
To join a team via Approved Domains:
- Open your browser and enter the unique subdomain for the team:
- At the very bottom of the Sign in to [Your Team] page, click the join the team link.
- On the Join [Your Team] page, enter your email address from the approved email domain.
- Click Continue.
- Check your email for an invite, open the email, and then click Join the Team.
Frequently asked questions
Below are some common questions about Approved Domains for InVision V7.
Who has access to enable Approved Domains?
Either the owner or an admin of a team can set up Approved Domains.
How are email domains established for Approved Domains?
Each time a new team member joins (i.e., their email address is authenticated), that email address is added to the list of approved email domains for the team. Therefore, the domain for the email address used to create the InVision V7 account is automatically added as the first approved email domain for the team.
Once someone with a different email domain is approved to join the team, that new email domain will get added to the list of approved domains for the team; however, the owner or an admin of the team must then select the newly approved domain before it can be used with Approved Domains.
Is the Approved Domains feature available for teams with Single Sign On (SSO) configured?
If a team is configured solely for SSO authentication, the Approved Domains feature is not supported. However, when signing in to InVision V7, people see a list of all teams they can join—including teams that rely on SSO. Therefore, teams with SSO enabled can still enjoy a hybrid version of Approved Domains.