We are improving InVision by squashing bugs and releasing new features every day. Here's an account of what we've accomplished this month.
What's New as of versions 0.96.0 and 0.96.1
- New publishing workflow: The publish modal now includes a preview area as well as everything you need to configure the viewport, scaling, and appearance options for your prototype. You can also publish right from the preview modal now.
- New zooming option: Switching between zooming relative to the center of the canvas or the center of a selected layer is now possible.
- Override typography colors: You can now override typography colors on component instances.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Font rendering on published prototypes: You should no longer encounter the font rendering issue introduced with version 0.96.0. That issue impacted published prototypes that included non-system fonts, causing them to render incorrectly on the web.
- Masking behavior:
- Studio now uses the bottom-most layer to create the mask.
- Layers that cannot be made into a mask (e.g., images) no longer offer the mask option in the tool bar.
- Now you can create components from masked layers.
- When adding center or outside borders to component children, you should no longer experience the issue that that caused size of the master component to render incorrectly in edit mode.
- When editing a component master, you can now access export settings in the inspector.
- After renaming a component definition of a nested component, you should now be able reorder the component definition in the layers panel.
- Updating the name of a layer in a component definition should now update the layer name of its instances as expected.
- When detaching components, you should no longer see layers moving around unexpectedly, rotating incorrectly, anchoring incorrectly, or sometimes disappearing altogether.
- When creating components, the auto-layout behavior will now use offset anchoring instead of percentage-based dimensions.
- HSL color issues:
- Changing the saturation value in the HSL color picker no longer also modifies the hue.
- Nudging the HSL color input fields using the arrow keys now sets the new value as expected.
- When using the color picker, the hue slider no longer shifts slightly when adjusting the shade.
- Alignment issues:
- Text layers inside a component with anchoring overrides now animate based on the correct anchor point.
- The X and Y values fare now updated more consistently during undo and redo as well as when using the alignment options.
- Importing or pasting from Sketch:
- The issue that prevented you from pasting content from some .sketch files into Studio (even though you could import those files) has been corrected.
- Layers imported from Sketch that aren’t part a group or artboard are now imported in the correct order.
- Layers pasted into Studio from Sketch are now positioned as expected, rather than always being placed in the center of the viewport.
- Artboards pasted into Studio from Sketch are now positioned as expected.
- You may notice that we've added support for importing symbol overrides from older versions of Sketch.
- Layers imported from Sketch with an angular gradient fill, which is not supported in Studio yet, now get their default fill color from the first gradient stop.
- Artboards imported from Sketch are now using the expected active or inactive background settings.
- Importing and Exporting SVGs:
- SVG imports that have shapes with no fill defined now default to black.
- You may notice the improvements to our SVG import, including more complete support for the line element.
- Exporting to SVG now respects the setting for whether or not to include the artboard background in the export.
- Rendering issues:
- You should no longer encounter rendering errors when subtracting a rectangle at certain angles from an oval that has a border.
- Rendering has been improved for joined paths created with the pen tool and when combining shapes.
- Publishing a prototype to InVision without a device viewport set was throwing a number of errors that we've fixed with this release.
- When updating the viewport size in the app after publishing to InVision, you will now see the size updated as expected on the web.
- You'll notice improved support for publishing large Studio files to InVision.
- You should no longer encounter the issue that was preventing some shortcut keys from working (until pressing the Esc key) after dismissing the Sketch import dialog.
- You can now use Command + Option + G to create a new container from the selected objects.
- You will now see keyboard shortcuts included in tooltips wherever applicable.
- Combined shapes:
- You won't run into the issue that prevented creation of combined shapes after undoing any combined shape action on the same path.
- Performance has been improved for resizing combined shapes.
- Combined shapes that end up with no children will now get deleted as expected.
- Duplication issue: Duplicating artboards or pages no longer un-links layers connected by a Motion interaction.
- Failed interactions in preview: After deleting an artboard that has an interaction, you will no longer experience the issue that prevented subsequent interactions from getting triggered in the preview modal.
- Layout and guides:
- You can now set a total width for your layout columns.
- The input fields for layout guides and grids can no longer accept invalid or negative values.
- Columns, rows, and grids are now available when editing a component master.
- The behavior of smart guides when drawing has been improved.
- Layout settings are no longer reset after the artboard orientation is changed.
- Inserting images: You won't experience the issue that previously prevented you from inserting image layers when the layers panel has to scroll.
- Motion editor:
- Studio will now round to two decimal places for the range sliders in the motion editor (rather than using the 17 decimal places that had been unintentionally used sometimes).
- Images dragged into the motion editor no longer create new image layers in the editor.
- Layers Panel:
- The layers list no longer jumps to re-center on a selected layer.
- The hit area on certain icons in the layers panel has been expanded.
- We no longer copy the corner radius value when copying layer styles (this can be done on the canvas as well as in the layers panel).
- Tooltips position: When drawing while zoomed in on the canvas, the tooltips are now positioned correctly.
- Fonts: The list of document fonts are now updated right away, rather than not getting updated until after selecting another layer.
- Closing empty files: Studio will no longer prompt you to save when closing an empty file, including one created with a blank artboard selected from the Studio launcher.
- Updating Studio: There is a new visual indicator to let you know when an update is available.
- Learning Studio: The 'Learn Studio' link now takes you to our new learning center.
- Cursor flickering: The cursor no longer flickers slightly when hovering over certain tools.
- You can now access emoji in the InVision conversations on your Studio prototypes.
- Simply click the smiley icon inside the comment modal, or type a colon (:) and enter the name of an emoji you’re searching for.
- t .
- Connected “Never” setting to your comment notifications: You should no longer encounter the bug that was sending emails to accounts even after the account owner had set comment notifications to Never.
- the erroneous
- links to d
Craft + Sync
- Craft now proxies network traffic: Enterprises with network firewalls have previously had to whitelist ~25 different domains so Craft could communicate with required services. These are now proxied through one domain (craft-api.invisionapp.com).
Note: This was rolled out to 25% of users in August.
See all our previous Craft + Sync release notes.
Design System Manager (DSM)
- User Interface: When using DSM on the web, you will notice the new user interface design, which lends to better looking, better organized design libraries.
- Reorganize folders in Sketch: Now you can reorganize your DSM folders in Sketch. Reorder items from either grid view or tree view.
Bug Fixes & Improvements in Version 2.6.4
- Overlays: You may notice numerous fixes related to overlay logic.
- Studio prototypes for Private Cloud: The issue that was impacting Private Cloud users when viewing Studio prototypes has been resolved.
- Freehand: You'll notice numerous UI improvements when using Freehand in our iOS app.
- Performance: The latest release includes additional performance improvements.
See all our iOS app release notes.
What's Changed in Version 1.10.1
This release includes a number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
See all our Android app release notes.
This month, we made a number of general security fixes, including fixes that will address SegmentSmack.