This article provides answers for InVision Cloud V7. Not sure which version you're using? Find out.
Welcome to the Early Access program for InVision Cloud V7, the future of InVision's platform.
By joining the Cloud V7 Early Access program, you are the first InVision users to experience V7. We want to know what works well, what doesn’t work well, and any ideas you may have on how to improve the overall experience. As early users, your feedback will have a significant impact on the continued development of InVision’s platform.
InVision Cloud V7 Early Access Prerequisites
Since Cloud V7 is still under active development, it does come with a few prerequisites:
- New account: You’ll be invited to create a brand new InVision team for you in Cloud V7. Your existing prototypes, boards and freehands won’t be migrated from any existing InVision accounts at this time. In the future we'll provide you with the option to migrate your existing documents to your new team.
- Inviting Team Members: when you create a new team, you’ll be designated as the Team Owner. As a team owner you can invite other users to your team as needed.
- Features in development: Some functionality from the existing InVision offering will not be included in V7 or is not yet available.
Key features under construction
- Read-only view of boards
- Archive, duplicate, and favorite documents
- User Groups (formerly “Teams”)
- Enterprise settings (Session Timeouts, IP Whitelisting, Password Policies)
Key features that will not be offered in V7
- Workflow views in prototypes
- InVision Sync Mac Desktop App
- Enterprise Dashboard
- Activity Feeds
- Prototype Assets Tab
- Prototype History Mode
What’s New in InVision Cloud V7
- Up to 8x faster: Cloud V7’s entirely new architecture ensures lightning-fast responsiveness and reliability at scale.
- User Roles: New user roles make it easy to provide the right level of visibility to the right people. In Cloud V7, we’re introducing two new roles: Members and Guests (note: Enterprise Contributor and Reviewer roles have been retired in V7).
- Member: Members are intended for internal users of your organization. Members see all public team spaces and documents, in addition to invited ones.
- Guest: Guest roles are intended for users external to your organization such as clients or contractors. Guests see only the documents and Spaces to which they’ve been invited.
- Introducing Spaces: Spaces make it possible to organize all of your project-related documents into one space. This includes prototypes, boards, and freehands. Spaces are public to all team members by default; however, to establish invite-only access to a given space, you can choose the People invited option in the share settings.
- Document Permissions: New document permissions allow you to control who can access your documents. Within the share dialogue, you’ll see a settings screen for each document. You can change settings to determine who can open the document and what actions they can take.
Early Access Instructions
Reporting Bugs & Feedback
Please submit any bugs you encounter through our Bug Report Form, or leave general feedback in the Slack Advisory Channel. Thank you for taking V7 out for a spin.