This article provides answers for InVision V7
To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard. On V6? Read this article instead.
Archiving a document
Archiving documents is a feature available to customers on the Pro and Enterprise plans in InVision V7.
While only the owner of an InVision V7 document can delete it, the ability to archive and unarchive a V7 document is based on having editing access to that document, rather than on an individual's user role or on a global team setting. In addition to the document owner, anyone the owner has invited to edit the document can archive or unarchive it at any time.
If you want to archive or unarchive a document you can't edit, you’ll need to ask the current owner (or someone who has editing rights) to take care of it.
When inviting someone to a V7 document or sharing a document link, selecting the Can edit option also gives the individual permission to archive or unarchive the document. That said, only the document owner can permanently delete it.
To archive a V7 document:
- Open the Documents page (or the space that stores the document you want to archive).
- Hover over the document thumbnail, and select ••• More > Archive. A confirmation screen opens.
- Select Archive.
To bulk archive several documents:
- Open the Documents or Home page, and hover over a document you wish to archive.
- In the top left of the document thumbnail, select the radio button.
- Repeat these steps to select each document you wish to archive.
- In the toolbar at the bottom of the page, select Archive. A confirmation screen opens.
- Select Archive.
To archive a prototype from its overview page:
- In the top-right corner, select ••• More > Archive prototype. A confirmation screen opens.
- Select Archive again.
Restoring an archived document
To restore an archived document in InVision V7:
Open the Documents page (or the space that stores the document you want to restore).
Click the All documents drop-down, and select Archived only.
Select the document you want to unarchive.
Deleting a document
Because deletion is permanent and can't be reversed, we recommend archiving any document you may possibly need to restore later. If the owner decides to delete a document, they can't restore it later, and neither can InVision. The people with access to the document don't receive a notification if it's deleted.
To delete a document in InVision V7:
- Open the Documents page (or the space that stores the document you want to delete).
- Hover over the document thumbnail, and select ••• More > Delete. A confirmation screen opens.
- Select Delete.
To delete a V7 prototype from its screens overview page:
- In the top-right corner, click ••• More.
- Select Delete. A confirmation screen opens.
- Select Delete again.
Admins can archive and delete all freehands they have access to.
Archiving or deleting screens
If you need to archive or delete specific screens from a prototype, read this article: Archiving and deleting screens in an InVision V7 prototype