This article provides answers for InVision V7. Please note that Spaces are not available in V6 of InVision. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
Spaces help you group and share design across your team. Add any prototype, freehand, or board to a Space.
Spaces are the working groups for your design projects. Spaces aren’t just documents; they are the place for groups of people rallying around particular design challenges. Spaces let you create standards, structure, and order to encourage effective design processes. Spaces also provide windows into the status and progress of design initiatives for your teammates.
Types of spaces
You can set up two types of spaces in InVision Cloud V7:
- Team space: Your teammates, excluding guests, can discover and access all the documents within your team space. Use a team space to better socialize design across your organization.
- Invite-Only space: Your teammates cannot discover and access the documents within an invite-only space unless specifically invited to join. An invite-only space helps you secure whatever needs securing. Note that invite-only spaces require a paid account.
As you get started with spaces, note these important details:
- Each space for your team must have a unique name. For example, there can be only one space named Highlander on your team.
- A document can live in only one space at a time. You can, however, move a document from one space to another if you have access to edit the document.
- Documents don’t need to be added to a space at all, but your teammates may thank you for helping them stay focused by creating and using spaces.
- If you have access to a space, you can (at the very least) open every document within that space, regardless of the given document’s permissions.
Examples of spaces
To get you started, here are a few ways other teams use spaces to organize their work: