When choosing the share settings for a specific document link in InVision V7, you'll want to know details about each settings option. To change link settings for your document, on the Members & Guests tab of the share dialog, click the Settings link, and choose among the options below.
Who can open the document?
Choose who can access your document:
- Anyone with the link: This setting is great for easy sharing with anyone—including people who do not belong to your InVision V7 team or Enterprise. With this setting enabled, anonymous users who have the document link can view the prototype as well as register and join your account with their team role set to guest.
- Members of [Your Team] with the link: This setting ensures that only people on your team (excluding guests) who have the document link and are signed in can can access the prototype. People who are not signed in to InVision cannot view the documents..
- People invited: This setting further limits document access, allowing only people you have specifically invited to open these documents.
Remember that the guest role is a paid, limited-visibility license that is ideal for contractors and clients. Individuals with the guest role can only interact with documents they create or are invited to and can only access spaces that they are explicitly invited to. All other team documents are kept out of view.
By default, the global team sharing setting Set the default document setting is automatically set to Team members with the link unless an owner or admin of the team changes the setting.
Who can discover the document without a link?
By adding the document to a space, you have control over who can discover and access your document without a link. Discoverability depends on the type of space you choose:
- Members of [Your Team]: This will create a team space, so all your teammates can discover and access documents within the space as well as from the Team Documents tab.
Guests can only discover documents within the space if they've been explicitly invited to the space.
- People Invited: This will create an invite-only space, so only teammates you have invited to the space can discover and access the documents within. An invite-only space helps you secure whatever needs securing.
Invite-only spaces require a paid account.
If you need to create a new team space or invite-only space, check out this article: How do I create a space?
What permissions do people have for my document?
You can set document permissions for both invited collaborators and everyone else who visits your document. To learn more, check out this article: InVision V7: What are the permission settings for documents?