With InVision for Jira Cloud, preview, comment on, and inspect prototypes and freehands—all without ever leaving Jira.
Install the app
- Go to the InVision for Jira page in the Atlassian marketplace.
- Select Get it now.
Configure the app
Once installed, configure your Jira projects to use InVision for Jira.
- From your Jira home page, navigate to the bottom left and select the settings icon ().
- Select Apps.
- In the left sidebar, select Manage apps.
- From the list of User-installed apps, select InVision for Jira.
- Select Configure.
- Check Limit to Projects, and then select the projects where you want to use InVision.
- Select Save.
It’s not possible to filter by issue type or other conditions.
Attach a prototype or freehand
You can attach any number of public prototypes and Freehand documents to Jira issues.
- Open your prototype or freehand in InVision and copy the public share link.
- Navigate to your Jira issue and, under the InVision section, paste the share link.
- Select Attach.
It's not possible to attach password-protected prototypes.
If you see an error message, read Why can't I link my prototype via InVision for Jira Cloud?
Interact with a freehand
After you attach a freehand, a thumbnail image appears on the issue. Any changes made to the freehand in Jira automatically appear in InVision; any changes made in InVision appear in Jira.
Select the freehand thumbnail to open the freehand. All the regular Freehand tools work, allowing you to collaborate or ideate on the fly without leaving Jira.
Interact with a prototype
After you attach a prototype, a thumbnail image appears. Any time you make changes to the prototype in InVision, the changes appear in Jira.
To preview all screens in the prototype, select the thumbnail image. Alternately, navigate to the top right of the image and select expand (). If you want to comment on or inspect the prototype, sign in to your InVision account. If if you only want to interact with the prototype, select Continue as guest.
Allow pop-ups to see the sign-in modal.
To close the prototype, select X.
If you are unfamiliar with Inspect or commenting features with InVision Cloud, check out these articles:
Remove a prototype or freehand
To remove a prototype or freehand from your Jira issue, navigate to the top right of the thumbnail, and select Disconnect.