Why would I need to clear cache or cookies?
From time to time, you'll encounter some strange behavior that you've never seen before when working with InVision; this can range from a page in InVision not loading properly to screens not updating. Like many other cloud-based services, InVision utilizes your browser's cache to store information in order to optimize your experience; however, sometimes this information becomes dated, which can cause some issues when InVision tries to access it again in the future.
One way to test if this is a cache-related issue is to access InVision in a browser window that doesn't access your browser's cache or cookies. Please note that you'll need to sign in to InVision again when using these. This isn't a surefire way to test if it's a cache related issue but it can point you in the right direction before you commit to wiping your browser's cache and cookies.
Accessing Private Windows
To open a private window in Chrome, navigate to File > New Incognito Window. Alternatively, you can click the menu button to the right of the address bar and click New Incognito Window.
To open a private window on your mobile device:
- Open the Chrome app.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the app and tap the menu button ().
- Tap New incognito tab.
To open a private window in Firefox, navigate to File > New Private Window.
To open a private window in Safari, navigate to File > New Private Window.
To open a private window on your iOS device:
- Open Safari
- Navigate to the bottom-right corner and tap the pages button ().
- Tap Private, and then tap the + button.
To open a private window in Microsoft Edge, use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Control + P.
Clearing Your Cache and Cookies
If accessing InVision in a private browsing window fixes your issues, you'll need to clear your browser's cache and cookies.
With the Chrome desktop app, it's possible to clear only InVision-related data. This can be a useful troubleshooting step if you're hesitant to clear all browsing data.
To remove InVision-related data:
- Open Chrome and navigate to chrome://settings/siteData (capitalization is important).
- At the top right of the page in the search cookies field, type invision.
- Verify the results are only related to InVision, and click Remove All Shown.
To clear all cache and cookies in Chrome:
- From the Chrome menu bar, click History > Show Full History. Alternatively, you can press Command + Y.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click Clear browsing data.
- In the pop-up window, click the Advanced tab. Make sure that at least the following items are checked:
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Hosted app data
- Click Clear data.
To clear cache and cookies on your mobile device:
- Open the Chrome app.
- Navigate to the top-right corner and tap the menu button ().
- Tap History, and then tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Under Time range, tap All time.
- Check the boxes for Browsing history, Cookies and site data, and Cached images and files.
- Tap Clear Data.
- To confirm, tap Clear.
To clear cache and cookies in Firefox:
- Navigate to History > Clear Recent History.
- In the pop-up window, set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Check the following boxes:
- Active Logins
- Offline Website Data
- Click Clear Now.
To clear cache and cookies on your Mac:
- Go to History > Clear History.
- This will open up a pop-up window for you. You'll want to make sure the pop-up is set to Clear all history.
- Click the Clear History button.
On clear cache and cookies on your iOS device:
- Open the Safari app.
- Navigate to Settings > Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data.
- To confirm, tap Clear History and Data.
To clear cache and cookies in Microsoft Edge:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Control + Delete.
- This will give you a list of settings of what you clear from your history. Select the following:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Press Clear.