To configure Okta for use with InVision, there are four main steps to the process:
- Add InVision as a new application in Okta
- Add your users to the application
- Download the metadata for the application
- Send the metadata to InVision's Support team so we can finish the configuration
This document walks you through that process.
Adding InVision as a new application in Okta
Login to Okta as an admin
Click on the Applications tab and click on the Add Application button
In the search field in the upper left, enter "InVisionApp" and click the Add button beside the InVisionApp application as shown below.
- In the "General Settings" section for InVisionApp, enter your InVision subdomain in the "SubDomain" field and then click Next.
- Assign those users who should be able to access InVision to the app. If you don't add them here, they won't be able to access InVision via Okta. This step is optional and you can revisit later after SSO is setup. Once you've selected the users to assign to the InVisionApp application, click Next.
- You'll be taken to a confirmation page like that shown below. Click Done to finish adding the application in Okta.
- You'll be taken to the application's details where you can add any users you might have skipped during the setup. To continue the setup process, click on the Sign On tab.
- Click the Identity Provider metadata link and download that metadata somewhere handy. This is the metadata you'll need to send InVision Support to finish the configuration process.
Sending metadata to InVision Support
Once you've downloaded your metadata from Okta, the Owner or an Admin on your InVision Enterprise organization will need to submit a request to InVision's Support team to finish the configuration. You can submit that request by going to https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Be sure to attach the metadata that you downloaded in the last step above.
Once you've sent us the metadata, do not delete/re-create the application in Okta. Doing so will change the metadata and will require that you repeat the above steps in order to get Okta working with InVision again.