With InVision V6, you can duplicate screens from one prototype to be used in a different prototype.
Before you start
Here are a few things to note before copying screens from one prototype to another:
- Copied screens do not include the original hotspots, comments, screen history, or Inspect data.
- It's not currently possible to transfer screens from a non-Studio prototype to a Studio prototype. You can, however, import your Sketch or Photoshop design file to Studio and publish a new Studio prototype to InVision.
Copying screens to another prototype
To copy and move screens to a different prototype:
- Sign in to InVision and navigate to the Documents page.
- Open the prototype with the screens you want to move.
- Hover over each screen and check the circle on the screens you want to move.
- At the bottom of the page, click the ••• (more) button.
- Click Copy to prototype, and then select the appropriate prototype. You can also choose A New Prototype.
The screens should now be viewable in the other prototype. Note that you have only copied the screens to the other prototype. The original screens will remain in the original prototype, unless you delete them. Additionally, the copied screens will not retain the original hotspots or comments.
Make sure the file name for each screen is unique across prototypes, otherwise you may overwrite the existing screen when copying. For example, if you copy a screen from Prototype A, and that screen shares the same file name as another screen in Prototype B, the screen from A will overwrite the existing screen in B.