How do I create a fixed background?
With InVision it's possible to create a scrolling effect with a fixed background.
Note: Within the InVision web app, fixed backgrounds are available for web prototypes only. However, if using InVision Studio, you can create a fixed background for any prototype.
InVision web app
To create a fixed background for a web prototype in the InVision app:
- Navigate to your prototype.
- Select Build Mode.
- At the bottom of the window, click the configuration icon ().
- Under Background, click Upload New.
- Click the fixed icon ().
When you return to Preview Mode, notice that as you scroll, the background remains fixed.
Be sure to save your changes. For a visual example, check out this InVision prototype and this screenshot.
To create a fixed background for any prototype in Studio:
- Open your Studio file, and select the desired artboard.
- From the Inspector, click the drop-down next to Scrolling, and select Vertical.
- In the Inspector next to Background, click the + button.
- Click the background thumbnail, and choose the image fill icon ().
- Drop or paste your image, or select an image from your computer.
When you preview the prototype, you should now be able to scroll while the background remains fixed.