The following article is related to Consumer plans. If you are trying to set up an Enterprise team, check out this article instead: How do I set up a team within my Enterprise account?
Setting up your team
- Sign in to your InVision account and click the People tab.
- Click Create a Team.
- Enter a team name. Optionally, you can also upload a team icon.
- Under Prototype Access, check the box to allow team members to preview & join all team prototypes.
- Click Save & Continue.
On the following screen, you will be prompted to add members to your team. You can do this now, or you can click Skip This Step and add team members later using the Invite Team Member button.
Inviting team members
Team plans can have a total of 5 members, which means you can add 4 additional members to your team. To invite others to join:
- From the People tab, click the Invite Team Member button.
- Select an existing collaborator by clicking the + icon next to their name. If you have not collaborated with the individual previously, in the last field, enter their email address.
- Once you're finished adding team members, click the Invite button.
Editing team settings
To edit the team settings, navigate to the People tab and, to the right of the team name, click the ••• icon. Here you can change the team name, upload a new team icon, or change the prototype access settings. Once you're finished editing, click Save Settings.
Sometimes you may need to revoke an invite that was sent. If the person has not yet accepted the invite, you can navigate to the People tab, hover over their email address, and click Cancel Invite.
If they have already accepted the invitation and you need to remove that member from the team, follow the instructions below: Removing team members
Removing team members
It is not possible to remove someone from a Freehand document they have previously viewed. Even after removing them from the team, they will still have access to the Freehand.
To remove users from your team at any point after they have accepted an invite:
- Sign in to your account and navigate to the People page.
- Hover over the member and click View Profile.
- Beneath the member's name and profile icon, click the ••• (more) menu.
- Click Remove from Team.
- To confirm, click Yes, Remove from Team.
If you navigate back to the People tab, you should notice that the member is gone.
Transferring prototypes to the Team plan
If your team members need to transfer pre-existing prototypes into the Team plan, they can follow the instructions in the article How do I transfer my prototype to a Team plan?
Creating prototypes on the Team plan
When creating a new prototype, team members will have the option of assigning the prototype to their personal plan or the Team plan. For complete instructions, check out the article How do I create a prototype on a Team plan?
If you are the team owner, prototypes can only be created under the Team plan.
Sharing prototypes with only read & comment access available
If you want to share a prototype with read/comment access only, we suggest sending a public share link.