Adding a GIF to Your Prototype
To add a GIF to your prototype:
- Create or download the GIF you want to use.
- Open your prototype on InVision.
- On the Screens tab, click the pink + icon.
- Click Upload Screens, select your GIF, and click Open.
You will now see the GIF included in your list of screens, and you can create hotspots that will trigger your custom GIF screen.
To take your GIFs to new heights, check out the article 7 tips for designing awesome animated GIFs.
Please note the following limitations for GIFs:
- If using your GIF as an overlay, the GIF must be the same size as the screen you place it on.
- It isn’t currently possible to use a GIF as an overlay on a static image and have that GIF play upon opening the screen. You can, however, use a GIF as an overlay and use a hotspot to play it.
- GIFs cannot currently be embedded into Studio prototypes.